|Introduction : |
Title: Global LTA for Data Collection Vendor
The UN Reform Resolution tasks UNDP to provide countries with an “integrator function” to accelerate progress towards the SDGs by tackling multiple interlinked and interdependent development challenges. The UNDP Global Policy Network (GPN) draws on expertise globally to provide more effective responses to the complex development challenges countries face in achieving the SDGs and responding to a crisis in an integrated and coherent manner. Anchored in the Crisis Bureau (CB) and the Bureau for Policy and Programme Support (BPPS), the GPN has the responsibility for developing all relevant policy and guidance to support the results of UNDP’s Strategic Plan, which is aligned with the 2030 Agenda Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The SDG Integration Team, located with the GPN, offers a menu of services emphasizing direct short- to medium-term engagements to respond rapidly to requests from country offices for support on national implementation and monitoring of integrated policy solutions, qualitative and evidence-driven analysis for accelerated progress, and knowledge sharing and upscaling of innovative approaches to sustainable development. The team’s work emphasizes the application of evidence-driven data and analytics for SDG implementation and reporting.
In this regard, advances in big data and digital technology are creating data at unprecedented levels of detail and speed, turning the stories of people’s lives into numbers every minute of every day across the globe. An important focus of the integration work is to complement traditional data with new and alternative sources, including digital ‘breadcrumbs,’ satellite data, social media to identify emerging trends and gain new perspectives on issues in development.
UNDP Corporate Survey Tool Software: A core feature of an enabling landscape for evidence-driven and integrated solutions is the collection of timely and quality data. UNDP sits on a wealth of data from its 170 country offices, which through the right mechanism has the potential to provide invaluable insights and learnings to the organization and beyond.
To tap into this potential, the UNDP SDG Integration team seeks to build a UNDP corporate data collection platform that all offices can use to securely collect and store data. A corporate data collection platform aligns with the vision of the UNDP Strategic Plan 2022-2025, UNDP Digital Strategy 2022-2025, UNDP Data Strategy and the forthcoming Knowledge Strategy 2022-2025.
A unified data collection platform will allow UNDP to tap into economies of scale in their data collection efforts. A central software comes with multiple benefits including:
1. Providing a centralized technical support to troubleshoot, onboard and guide survey design. Help will be available to programme teams when they need it. Form authoring services and training (remote or onsite).
2. Ensuring security of collected data by offering standard data toolkit compliant and centralizing cybersecurity. Hosting on UNDP’s Azure infrastructure will also ensure UN indemnities and enterprise sign-on with UNDP account credentials.
3. Guaranteeing a reliable system by providing robust backups and data restoration for disaster recovery. Ensure CO deployments are kept up to date using the most recent versions of the software. This will allow COs to leverage the latest and most feature rich versions while preventing issues of backwards incompatibility, insecure country deployments not benefiting from the latest security patches, etc.
4. Establishing a community of practice to exchange ideas and surveys, strengthening UNDP’s institutional knowledge and capacity. A survey library and designer will be developed, alongside open sandbox workspaces for sharing examples and best practices.
Scope of Work
The selected vendor will be responsible to provide the following services:
· Inception Phase: The first step is to understand the company's needs and expectations from the survey tool software, including any customisation required to fit the corporate structure and delivery requirements.
· Platform Installation and Deployment: Once agreed, the vendor will install and set up the server integration with the survey software into the corporate IT structure. This includes configuring the software and ensuring that it is compatible with the company's existing systems and processes.
· White-Labelling and OpenID Integration: Establish UNDP customisation, branding and design.
· Monitoring Configuration: The vendor will conduct tests to ensure that the software is functioning correctly and troubleshoot any issues that arise during the implementation process.
· Data security: The vendor will ensure that the survey tool software is secure, and that the company's data is protected. This includes implementing measures to prevent unauthorized access, data breaches, and cyber-attacks.
· Training: The vendor will train the employees on how to use the survey tool software, including how to create and distribute surveys, analyze results, and generate reports. Additionally, the vendor will provide administrative level training to ensure data privacy compliance and best practices.
· Support and Maintenance: The vendor will provide ongoing support to the company, including resolving any technical issues such as data recovery following a system crash, updating the software as required, and offering training and guidance as needed.
Note: Please refer to the Terms of Reference (attached) for full information.
SDGI Team, BPPS/UNDP
Interested suppliers must submit their offer directly in the system as instructed in the solicitation document, following the instructions in the available user guide. n case you have never registered before, you can register a profile using the registration link shared via the procurement notice and following the instructions in the guides available in UNDP website: https://www.undp.org/procurement/business/resources-for-bidders. Do not create a new profile if you already have one. Use the forgotten password feature in case you do not remember the password or the username from previous registration.
Search for the specific tender using search filters and subscribe to the tender in order to get notifications in case of amendments of the tender document. If you need support with the online system, you can contact the contact details of this tender as indicated in the solicitation document.