|Introduction : |
Invitation: Provision of Unarmed Security Services for The United Nations Offices (Entering into a Long-Term Agreement for the Provision of Security Services for the United Nations Offices)
Background: The information in this Terms of Reference (TOR) describes the objectives and requirements that the UN has in seeking an Unarmed Private Security Service (UPSS) provider to provide general security guard services for UN organization facilities in Guyana. This TOR shall become an integral part of any contract subscribed between the UN organization and the awarded UPSS.
• The private security company must have valid and current license to provide security services in Guyana.
• Valid Business registration
• Valid NIS
• Valid GRA
Scope of Services
The service provider shall provide security services and protection to the personnel, assets and premises at the United Nations facilities outlined above. This shall include but not limited to the following:
- Access Control – The service provider personnel shall be tasked to prevent unauthorized access to the facilities, property, personnel, and resources of the United Nations.
- CCTV and/or Alarm system – CCTV systems with recording capability is installed and operational at the facilities.
- Perimeter Security - The perimeter at most of the facilities is protected with a concrete fence reinforced with barb and razor wire at the top.
- Patrolling - The service provider personnel shall be tasked to provide security to the exterior of facility, monitor the fences and protect the United Nations.
- Prevention of the unauthorized removal of UN property – At each exit/entry point the service provider personnel shall be tasked to prevent the unauthorized removal of UN property.
- Fire Drills – The service provider personnel shall be tasked to assist the staff at the facilities in accordance with the United Nations Emergency Procedures.
- Medical Emergencies – The service provider shall ensure that all their staff are adequately trained in first aid to a required level to ensure that every security staff member can confidently respond to a medical emergency.
- Crime Scene Protection - The service provider personnel shall be tasked to mark and secure any scene of crime or incident, from unauthorized entry.
- Maintenance of Reports - The service provider personnel shall be tasked to track all incoming and outgoing UN personnel and Visitors in writing.
Location: UN House, 107 - 108 Duket Street, Kingston. GEORGETOWN.
A pre-bid meeting (mandatory) and site visit will be conducted on 15 November 2023 at 10:00 hrs at 107 – 108 Duke Street Kingston. Please send your confirmation for the visit to email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the name and contact information for the representative(s) for the visit by 10 November 2023 no later than 15:30 hrs (3:30 pm)
Please refer to the website Procurement | United Nations Development Programme (undp.org) for the complete Invitation including the terms of reference and relevant instructions. Proposals should be submitted directly in the Quantum Portal no later than indicated deadline: 24 November 2023 @ 10:00 (Local time).
In case of discrepancies between the deadline indicated in the portal and deadline indicated elsewhere, the deadline in the portal will prevail. It is the responsibility of the bidder to be informed on the tender deadline.
Bidders must send their questions in the system using the messaging feature. Only in case of facing difficulties to register in the system and sending messages, bidder can write to the contact below to request support with the system:
E-mail address: email@example.com
Please indicate whether you intend to submit a bid by creating a draft response without submitting directly in the system. This will enable the system to send notifications in case of amendments of the tender requirements. Should you require further clarifications, kindly communicate using the messaging functionality in the system. Offers must be submitted directly in the system following this link: http://supplier.quantum.partneragencies.org using the profile you may have in the portal. In case you have never registered before, you can register a profile using the registration link shared via the procurement notice and following the instructions in guides available in UNDP website: https://www.undp.org/procurement/business/resources-for-bidders. Do not create a new profile if you already have one. Use the forgotten password feature in case you do not remember the password or the username from previous registration.