The successful firm will be expected to be responsible for the following:
Task 1: Design Baseline Survey and field research plan, design the related Endline Survey
· Review relevant literature, measurable and available development indicators pertinent to strategic development targets and the SDGs of the Lao PDR government;
· Define a methodology for collecting existing and defining other measurable indicators from the Programme Results Framework in selected programme areas;
· Design a draft Baseline Survey (including methodology, tools, and field plan) to undertake data collection and analysis - this survey will also form the basis of the Endline evaluation;
· Design a methodology and propose sampling method to conduct a randomized control trial using linear panel analysis (or panel study) in the three designated project areas with the population of approximately 7,000 project beneficiaries total, including a control group in each project area, and design tools to collect the related Endline Survey;
· Review the draft Baseline and Endline surveys and field plans with key stakeholders for approval.
Task 2: Conduct the Baseline Survey
· Undertake fieldwork to gather baseline data in project areas;
· Provide a draft Baseline Report including key observations, limitations, and implications for the Endline Survey.
Task 3: Evaluate the results of the Baseline Survey and adjust the Endline Survey
· Present key findings to stakeholders for their input and comments;
· Adjust the drafted Endline Survey tools and plan as needed.