|Aerial surveys and mapping of selected village areas in Savannakhet Province
|Procurement Process :
|RFP - Request for proposal
|UNDP-LAO - LAO PDR
|15-Dec-23 @ 11:59 AM (New York time)
|Published on :
|28-Nov-23 @ 12:00 AM (New York time)
|Development Area :
|Reference Number :
|Kongthanou Khanthavixay, Procurement Analyst - firstname.lastname@example.org
This specific tender is managed via the new supplier portal system of UNDP Quantum. If you are interested in submitting a bid for this tender, you must subscribe following the instructions in the user guide. If you have not registered a profile with this system, you can do so by following the link for Supplier Registration.
If you already have a supplier profile, please login to the Supplier Portal, then search for the negotiation using the reference number UNDP-LAO-00258, following the instructions in the user guide.
SCOPE OF TENDER
The tasks of this consultancy are as follows:
Task 1 Undertake drone surveys of target village areas in Savannakhet Province using LiDAR to produce high resolution Digital Terrain Models of each village area.
The consultancy firm is the undertake aerial surveys and ground truthing at fourteen village areas to produce high resolution Digital Terrain Models (DTMs). The DTMs will be used by the project to map projected flood inundation and as input to the development of fine-scale climate-resilient development and landuse plans for each Village. (More detail is outlining in the ToR).
Interested bidders/ firms are requested to submit a detailed technical proposal outlining their proposed approach/ methodology for each of the tasks as listed in this TOR and in consideration of the following technical requirements:
- The geographical scope of the LIDAR surveys to be undertaken in the fourteen villages in Savannakhet Province is to include the entire village area and any adjacent waterways that may contribute to flood risks. Village areas are given in the tables above.
- The consultancy firm is to provide a detailed flight plan that includes maps showing the survey boundaries for each village area for review and approval by the project PMU prior to the commencement of aerial surveys.
- All flight authorizations should be obtained by the consultancy firm in advance from the Department of Civil Aviation of Lao PDR (DCAL) and relevant authorities in each city. The Project PMU can also facilitate communication with the relevant authorities for obtaining clearance for flights as needed.
- The consultancy firm should assess potential risks including specific flight safety risks and provide a flight safety risk management plan. Transfer to all take-off and landing locations must be arranged by the consultant. The aerial missions shall adhere to ICAO safety standards and to the international Humanitarian UAV Code of Conduct and Guidelines (uavcode.org).
- Ground truthing (geo referencing): In order to guarantee high positional accuracy of the final product, the consultant shall conduct ground truthing by collecting Ground Control Points (GCPs) with pre-positioned targets or using existing ground features visible in the imagery. The final point cloud, DSM and DTM products are be delivered with a vertical accuracy of 10cm and GSD of <1 m.
- Data Analysis and Creation of DTMs: All data collected shall be of high quality to allow for 3D point cloud, and digital elevation products. The consultant shall deliver a copy of all individual frame images in JPEG format with matching GPS tags in a portable hard drive at the end of the survey.
- The DTM should represent the bare-earth elevations, with all above-ground objects removed (e.g. buildings, tress, bridges, etc) to ensure an hydrologically correct surface. The activity completion report is to include metrics of relative and absolute accuracies.
Please indicate whether you intend to submit a bid by creating a draft response without submitting directly in the system. This will enable the system to send notifications in case of amendments of the tender requirements. Should you require further clarifications, kindly communicate using the messaging functionality in the system. Offers must be submitted directly in the system following this link: http://supplier.quantum.partneragencies.org using the profile you may have in the portal. In case you have never registered before, you can register a profile using the registration link shared via the procurement notice and following the instructions in guides available in UNDP website: https://www.undp.org/procurement/business/resources-for-bidders. Do not create a new profile if you already have one. Use the forgotten password feature in case you do not remember the password or the username from previous registration.
Search for the specific tender using search filters and subscribe to the tender in order to get notifications in case of amendments of the tender document. If you need support with the online system, you can contact the contact details of this tender as indicated in the solicitation document.
UNDP LAO PDR
(Before Accessing other negotiations Document(s), please click on this link)