Description of the Assignment:
Under the direct supervision of the UNOCHA Senior Advisor, in coordination with UNOCHA National Humanitarian Affairs Advisor and RCO Associate Development Coordination Officer, Data Management, the individual Consultant will undertake the following tasks:
1. 1. Support updating the Contingency Plans on earthquake and floods by outlining the UN’s and partners’ in-country response capacity and external support capacity.
2. Facilitate consultation meetings with DMT for reflecting their respective strategies in the Contingency Plans.
3. Provide effective support to the DMT in meeting the requirements of UNCT Disability Inclusion Action Plan for 2022-2023 and Gender mainstreaming
4. Support drafting of two internal reports, and other documents per week related to the Contingency plans considering the UNCT Disability Inclusion Action Plan and gender mainstreaming approach.
5. Conduct research and provide inputs to ensure gender and disability inclusion in the earthquakes and floods contingency plans.
6. Conduct an assessment of the UN Iran humanitarian planning preparedness, contingency, and response plans on how persons with disabilities have been considered.
7. Set briefing and consultation meetings with the government counterparts on the capacities and challenges regarding the disability inclusion and gender mainstreaming in Disaster Management.
8. Facilitate two workshops on Disability Inclusion in Disaster Risk Reduction and Management for DMT and OPDs in cooperation with the relevant UN staff to understand how the needs and challenges of persons with disabilities should be addressed in response to disasters and to be prepared.
9. Facilitate a workshop on Gender Mainstreaming in Disaster Risk Reduction and Management for DMT in cooperation with relevant UN staff.
10. Provide support to DMT Chair and secretariat on the disability inclusion and Gender component in the DMT RoadMap.
11. Provide regular updates to RC and OCHA on the progress of drafting the Contingency Plans.
12. Liaise with, collect, and compile inputs from the relevant UN agencies, sector leads, DMT members and task forces on the strategic objectives, standard operating procedures, funding and standard response activities of the contingency plans.
- Period of assignment/services
The Contractor is expected to complete the work and deliver the deliverables from late-February till end-April 2023.
Home-based and the UNOCHA HAT Office in Tehran, if required.
Proposal should be submitted directly in the portal no later than indicated deadline.
Any request for clarification must be sent in writing via messaging functionality in the portal. UNDP will respond in writing including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry.
Please indicate whether you intend to submit a bid by creating a draft response without submitting directly in the system. This will enable the system to send notifications in case of amendments of the tender requirements. Should you require further clarifications, kindly communicate using the messaging functionality in the system. Offers must be submitted directly in the system following this link: http://supplier.quantum.partneragencies.org using the profile you may have in the portal. In case you have never registered before, you can register a profile using the registration link shared via the procurement notice and following the instructions in guides available in UNDP website: https://www.undp.org/procurement/business/resources-for-bidders. Do not create a new profile if you already have one. Use the forgotten password feature in case you do not remember the password or the username from previous registration.