Description of the Assignment:
1. The national consultant is expected to support the regional climate finance consultant by:
Undertaking ground research for the CCBII+ in the country, in collaboration with UNDP country office counterparts. This will include:
• A review and update of the key national climate change, gender and human rights policy documents to produce a synthesis of the current situation in the CFN countries
• A review and mapping of the PFM system and budget cycle in these countries including an outline of key PFM reforms
• A broad review of the legal and other instruments for gender mainstreaming in the country and the extent to which gender budgeting has been rolled out
• A broad review of human rights issues and stakeholders involved in budget transparency and accountability including any entry points such as disability rights
• A mapping of recent and ongoing projects and programmes on climate finance and related gender and human rights aspects
• A review of relevant stakeholders and development partners
2. Conducting interviews with relevant stakeholders in the country as directed by the CO and CFN teams
The consultant is expected to familiarize themselves with the work of the GCCF and CFN project and work with the Regional Climate Finance specialist to understand the methodology behind the CCBII++ and how it has been implemented earlier.
Period of assignment/services 25-person days
Proposal should be submitted directly in the portal no later than indicated deadline.
Any request for clarification must be sent in writing via messaging functionality in the portal. UNDP will respond in writing including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry.
Please indicate whether you intend to submit a bid by creating a draft response without submitting directly in the system. This will enable the system to send notifications in case of amendments of the tender requirements. Should you require further clarifications, kindly communicate using the messaging functionality in the system. Offers must be submitted directly in the system following this link: http://supplier.quantum.partneragencies.org using the profile you may have in the portal. In case you have never registered before, you can register a profile using the registration link shared via the procurement notice and following the instructions in guides available in UNDP website: https://www.undp.org/procurement/business/resources-for-bidders. Do not create a new profile if you already have one. Use the forgotten password feature in case you do not remember the password or the username from previous registration.