Country: Lao PDR
Description of the Assignment:
- The consultant will conduct desk review of relevant documents and policies on climate change and Green House Gas mitigation in prioritized sectors, notably the agricultural sector. The Consultant also is required to map organisations that engage in similar initiatives in the country.
- The consultant will conduct Field survey with recommendations of pilot activities which focus on forest/wetland conservation/restoration and smart agriculture for green house gas mitigation
- Develop guidelines, regulation for capacity building on wetlands, forest protection and also on smart agriculture activities.
- Provide 2 Trainings for relevant national and sub-national authorities to enhance capacity for local authorities and communities managing wetlands, forests and rice paddy properly to reduce green house gas emissions
- Develop final report highlighting achievement, lesson learnt, challenges and recommendations and ways forward.
Period of assignment/services: 50 working days (Home-based with occasional travel to pilot site in Champhone district, Savannakhet.
Proposal should be submitted directly in the portal no later than indicated deadline.
Any request for clarification must be sent in writing via messaging functionality in the portal. UNDP will respond in writing including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry.
Please indicate whether you intend to submit a bid by creating a draft response without submitting directly in the system. This will enable the system to send notifications in case of amendments of the tender requirements. Should you require further clarifications, kindly communicate using the messaging functionality in the system. Offers must be submitted directly in the system following this link: http://supplier.quantum.partneragencies.org using the profile you may have in the portal. In case you have never registered before, you can register a profile using the registration link shared via the procurement notice and following the instructions in guides available in UNDP website: https://www.undp.org/procurement/business/resources-for-bidders. Do not create a new profile if you already have one. Use the forgotten password feature in case you do not remember the password or the username from previous registration.