Conduct Perception Baseline Survey for Justice Sector interventions in Sri Lanka.
(Open only for businesses registered in Sri Lanka)
UNDP Sri Lanka’s Flagship Portfolio on SDG16, Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions brings together inclusive governance and peacebuilding work under one umbrella. The Portfolio is implemented by UNDP as part of its Country Programme and the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework and enables the provision of cohesive and integrated support to Sri Lanka.
Under this portfolio, UNDP in partnership with the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) has launched a comprehensive Justice Reforms Programme (JURE Programme) supported by the European Union. The Programme contains a holistic package of support to the justice sector in Sri Lanka and is being implemented in close consultation and partnership with key justice sector institutions including the Judicial Service Commission, Ministry of Justice, Attorney General’s Department and Legal Aid Commission of Sri Lanka.
At this stage the programme envisages to capture and incorporate relevant perceptions of the justice sector actors and public on the justice sector in the Results Framework (RF) to establish baselines and realistic targets to guide programme implementation and improve the effectiveness of monitoring and reporting.
For this purpose, the UN (UNDP and UNICEF) is looking to commission an independent external local consultancy firm (only businesses registered in Sri Lanka may apply) to conduct a perception survey around the justice sector of Sri Lanka.
OBJECTIVE AND SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
The main objective of this assignment is to strengthen the present Results Framework informed by the efficiency, transparency, and accessibility of the justice system in Sri Lanka, with establishing realistic indicator baselines, milestones and targets. The milestones and targets should be established considering the programme period and budgets in consultation with the programme team, key partners, and stakeholders.
1. Capture perceptions/attributes of the public and justice sector actors on the Justice system, using the following indicators as reflected in the JURE Results Framework, with special focus on gender, age-appropriateness and disability.
• Level of knowledge/awareness among citizens, including children and adolescents of their rights and available measures for access to justice
• Perception of actors within the justice sector of its efficiency, transparency, performance and independence
• Proportion of population confident in their ability to access legal information and assistance if needed disaggregated by sex, age, ethnic, geography etc.
• Level of trust in the public on the justice sector
2. Establish baselines for the above indicators and recommend end of the project targets and yearly milestones as per the interventions of the project and available resources.
3. Build meta data/ indicator definitions for the indicators for which baselines and targets have been established by this survey
Please refer to the TOR attached to the overview section of the Negotiation for details.
Please indicate whether you intend to submit a bid by creating a draft response without submitting directly in the system. This will enable the system to send notifications in case of amendments of the tender requirements. Should you require further clarifications, kindly communicate using the messaging functionality in the system. Offers must be submitted directly in the system following this link: http://supplier.quantum.partneragencies.org using the profile you may have in the portal. In case you have never registered before, you can register a profile using the registration link shared via the procurement notice and following the instructions in guides available in UNDP website: https://www.undp.org/procurement/business/resources-for-bidders. Do not create a new profile if you already have one. Use the forgotten password feature in case you do not remember the password or the username from previous registration.
Search for the specific tender using search filters and subscribe to the tender in order to get notifications in case of amendments of the tender document. If you need support with the online system, you can contact the contact details of this tender as indicated in the solicitation document.
UNDP Sri Lanka