Country: Sri Lanka
Description of the Assignment: National Climate Finance Consultant for Sri Lanka to support CCBII++ assessments for CFN countries in Asia Pacific region.
The National Consultant will be engaged to undertake an assessment as per the CCBII. Under the overall guidance of the Team Leader – Climate and Environment Team, and the supervision of the Project Manager – Climate Finance, the Service Provider will carry out this assignment in close coordination with the Regional Climate Finance Consultant. The Regional Climate Finance consultant will provide guidance and consolidate the reports from different countries.
The key objective of the assignment is to carry out an assessment of climate change integration into the country systems and processes. This will be done in accordance with the CCBII++ tool that has been developed by the UNDP.
Scope of Work
The national consultant is expected to support the regional climate finance consultant by:
1. Undertaking ground research for the CCBII+ in the country, in collaboration with UNDP country office counterparts. This will include:
- A review and update of the key national climate change, gender and human rights policy documents to produce a synthesis of the current situation in the CFN countries
- A review and mapping of the PFM system and budget cycle in these countries including an outline of key PFM reforms
- A broad review of the legal and other instruments for gender mainstreaming in the country and the extent to which gender budgeting has been rolled out
- A broad review of human rights issues and stakeholders involved in budget transparency and accountability including any entry points such as disability rights
- A mapping of recent and ongoing projects and programmes on climate finance and related gender and human rights aspects
- A review of relevant stakeholders and development partners
2. Conducting interviews with relevant stakeholders in the country as directed by the CO and CFN teams
The consultant is expected to familiarize themselves with the work of the GCCF and CFN project and work with the Regional Climate Finance specialist to understand the methodology behind the CCBII++ and how it has been implemented earlier.
Estimated Duration to Complete
Submit work plan and data collection requirements, coordination mechanisms with country offices and other stakeholders
One week after the contract signed
Collate and submit all relevant data from desk review; stakeholder discusssions
Four weeks after the contract signed
Finalize draft CCBII++ report (related to Sri Lanka with the advice of the Regional Climate Finance Specialist)
Six weeks after the contract signed
For further details, please refer the attached TOR.
Proposal should be submitted directly in the portal no later than indicated deadline.
Any request for clarification must be sent in writing via messaging functionality in the portal. UNDP will respond in writing including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry.
Please indicate whether you intend to submit a bid by creating a draft response without submitting directly in the system. This will enable the system to send notifications in case of amendments of the tender requirements. Should you require further clarifications, kindly communicate using the messaging functionality in the system. Offers must be submitted directly in the system following this link: http://supplier.quantum.partneragencies.org using the profile you may have in the portal. In case you have never registered before, you can register a profile using the registration link shared via the procurement notice and following the instructions in guides available in UNDP website: https://www.undp.org/procurement/business/resources-for-bidders. Do not create a new profile if you already have one. Use the forgotten password feature in case you do not remember the password or the username from previous registration.