UNDP CO in Eswatini is well-positioned as a key development partner in knowledge and policy advice as well as supporting access to development financing. The new UNDP CPD (2021-2025) is focused on addressing issues of poverty, inequality and strengthening resilience, using an integrated programming approach framed around two pillars namely, Inclusive growth and sustainable development (poverty-environment nexus) and Efficient and Participatory Governance.
In supporting various projects and programmes, UNDP Eswatini wishes to contract a Driver on long term agreement (LTA) who will be responsible for providing transportation services to program and operations staff. The initial contract would be for one year an option for renewal in the subsequent years which is contingent on a satisfactory performance evaluation.
Scope of Work
• Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
• Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
• Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
• Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts.
• Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents
Please indicate whether you intend to submit a bid by creating a draft response without submitting directly in the system. This will enable the system to send notifications in case of amendments of the tender requirements. Should you require further clarifications, kindly communicate using the messaging functionality in the system. Offers must be submitted directly in the system following this link: http://supplier.quantum.partneragencies.org using the profile you may have in the portal. In case you have never registered before, you can register a profile using the registration link shared via the procurement notice and following the instructions in guides available in UNDP website: https://www.undp.org/procurement/business/resources-for-bidders. Do not create a new profile if you already have one. Use the forgotten password feature in case you do not remember the password or the username from previous registration.