BACKGROUND AND RATIONALE
UNDP is seeking to engage a company to support the implementation of the Rourkela Cold Room project of Rourkela Municipal Corporation. The project aims to address the high rates of difficult conditions experienced by street vendors, including exposure to extreme weather, multiple drivers of cost that reduce the viability of low-volume production as well as a marketplace void of clear market signals.
Led by the Rourkela Municipal Corporation in cooperation with UNDP, the Rourkela Cold room project will deliver an integrated model with both technological and economic innovation that seeks to build these required conditions for vendors (and other people reliant on the market) by:
a) Building cold-storage units in outdoor marketplaces, providing farmers with short-term solutions to address the weather conditions and respond to high-volume harvests that have no storage space to be conserved harvest;
b) Creating a link between farmers and the market of buyers, providing increased stability in the sale price and volume capacity;
c) Building the capability of Women’s Self-Help Groups (SHGs) to operate these cold rooms, and as a consequence, build stable income for vulnerable women and their families.
OBJECTIVE OF THE PROJECT
The project will comprise five solar-powered cold room sites operated by Women's Self-Help Groups (herein after SHGs). Each of the cold rooms will include the following assets:
- a cold storage room for keeping vegetables for farmers and vendors (beneficiaries).
- a solar power system to provide clean energy for cold room operations.
- a common facilitation center for selling vegetables and other SHGs products.
- two electric rickshaws for transporting vegetables to bulk buyer institutions.
UNDP is seeking a company to:
1. Review all the documentation produced by previous providers and replicate the services/works for sites 2-5.
2. Supervise the preparatory construction work for sites 2-5.
3. Prepare and supervise the master implementation plan in conjunction with different suppliers.
4. Operationalize and run four cold storage rooms (sites 2 to 5) under the Rourkela Cold Rooms project and support the operations of the completed cold room (site 1) at the Traffic Gate Market.
5. Mobilize and train Women’s Self-Help Groups (SHG) to run the cold storage room (Sites 2-5).
6. Mobilize market vendors and farmers to trade through all the cold storage rooms.
7. Establishing further market linkage opportunities and learnings on how to scale this project effectively.
8. Commissioning of the complete functional sites 2-5 to the Rourkela Municipal Corporation (RMC).
To have a better insight about the project an online conference session will be taking place. The time and place will be on Monday 14th of August 2023 at 10:00 am, IST (India) in the following link (Microsoft teams):
Click here to join the meeting
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer, mobile app or room device
Click here to join the meeting
Meeting ID: 332 830 945 696
Download Teams | Join on the web
Join with a video conferencing device
Video Conference ID: 125 319 036 8
Alternative VTC instructions
Learn more | Meeting options
Please note that while all Offerors are encouraged to attend, their non-attendance, however, shall not result in disqualification of an interested Offeror.
Before the date and time that conference session will take place (Monday 14th of August 2023 at 10:00 am IST (India), please send any clarification questions you might have via the system QUANTUM or via the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The questions will be answered at the session.
In case there are more questions at the conference session a minute will be produce on behalf of UNDP. The final minute will be posted on the UNDP QUANTUM system.
No verbal statement made during the conference session will modify the terms and conditions of the RFP unless such statement is specifically written in the Minutes of the conference and an amendment is posted in the form of a Supplemental Information to the RFP.
Please indicate whether you intend to submit a bid by creating a draft response without submitting directly in the system. This will enable the system to send notifications in case of amendments of the tender requirements. Should you require further clarifications, kindly communicate using the messaging functionality in the system. Offers must be submitted directly in the system following this link: http://supplier.quantum.partneragencies.org using the profile you may have in the portal. In case you have never registered before, you can register a profile using the registration link shared via the procurement notice and following the instructions in guides available in UNDP website: https://www.undp.org/procurement/business/resources-for-bidders.
Do not create a new profile if you already have one. Use the forgotten password feature in case you do not remember the password or the username from previous registration.
Search for the specific tender using search filters and subscribe to the tender in order to get notifications in case of amendments of the tender document. If you need support with the online system, you can contact the contact details of this tender as indicated in the solicitation document.