The purpose of this procurement process is to contract an individual consultant who will provide technical and operational support for UNDP’s Gender-based Violence (GVB) and Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) projects, and provide support on GBV related events and researches.
As a trusted multilateral partner serving 177 countries and territories around the world, UNDP is uniquely positioned to help advocate for change, connect countries to the knowledge and resources they need to develop and to coordinate the efforts of the United Nations at the country level.
Gender-based violence (GBV) is a global epidemic which inhibits the fulfillment of gender equality, human rights and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The SDGs now include explicit targets addressing violence against women, violence against children, and harmful practices. Reducing violence against women and girls is a stand-alone target under SDG 5 (Gender Equality) and also will contribute to achieving other gender equality targets and many of the other SDGs, including those on education, health and poverty.
UNDP has launched a new initiative to support the achievement of the SDGs by helping countries make progress on the specific gender-based violence and related targets. UNDP’s GBV and SDGs project will pilot the integration of GBV prevention and response components into sectorial programmes and measure the results. It will to use the findings of what works and what did not to advocate for better policies and programmes to address and prevent GBV across sectors such as livelihoods, health, environmental programming, youth empowerment and social protection. It is also focused on improving specific strategies to address GBV in locales with high prevalence of violence against women and low levels of resources dedicated to prevention and response in adherence to the SDG principal to leave no one behind. The pilots will also be costed to estimate the cost of possible scale up to reach a greater number of people.
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
I. Provide technical and operational support for UNDP’s GBV and SDGs project:
- Support UNDP in the implementation of UNDP’s GBV and SDGs project, including, but not limited to:
- Technical backstopping for project-related documents and knowledge products
- Coordination of administrative and procurement processes, including financial operations
- Support in production and dissemination of reporting documents
II. Provide support on GBV-related events and research:
- Support for organizing and coordinating high-profile events
- Technical research and drafting support for knowledge products and project communications materials as necessary, as well as support for technical briefs and talking points for senior management as required.
For further details please click https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=75176