|Overview : |
Kindly note that the deadline is extended from 16-9-2019 to 20-9-2019
At the UN climate change conference in Paris in December 2015, 196 countries adopted the Paris Agreement – the first ever, legally binding universal pact that sets out a global action plan for limiting global warming to “well below 2°C” starting from 2020. Ghana is one of the Parties who joined this Paris Agreement and had submitted its Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDC) plan containing a set of 31 adaptation and mitigation actions that will be implemented between 2020-2030 with the view first to build resilience to climate change and reduce GHG emissions within the context of sustainable development. These actions cover seven sectors (Water, Health, Agriculture, Waste, Energy, Transport and Disaster Risk and Climate Service) to be implemented over a 10 year period.
SCOPE OF WORK
The consultant under the direction of the MESTI, EPA, GEC and UNDP and other relevant stakeholders would:
- Develop an initial schedule of the work for the period
- Review Ghana`s Regional and International commitment regarding gender and energy (ECOWAS Policy for Gender mainstreaming in Energy Access).
- Review and analyse Draft Energy Policy Document including methodology for stakeholder engagement in the policy drafting process.
- Master’s degree in any of these related areas: energy, sustainable development, gender, climate change
- Substantive experience conducting research and analysis in the area of gender and energy and at least one other related theme, including climate change mitigation and/or adaptation, NDCs, environment and/or sustainable development for the last seven years;
HOW TO APPLY
- See the Documents section above for the detailed Annex I-Terms of Reference and Submission Documents.
BID SUBMISSION INSTRUCTION:
- Strictly follow the instructions indicated in the IC Proposal Submission Form uploaded hereto
For detailed information, please refer to Annex I- Terms of Reference (ToR)
The Consultant is required to have the above mentioned professional and technical qualifications. Only the applicants who hold these qualifications are advised to submit their respective bid proposals
The following proposals must be prepared as per the prescribed standard format indicated in the respective IC Bid Document. The Proposals shall be submitted before its deadline on September 16, 2019, via UNDP Ghana Secured mail address: email@example.com
- Technical Proposal in pdf under file name: UNDP.GHA.2019.227-IC – TP - [insert Name]
- Financial Proposal in pdf under file name: UNDP.GHA.2019.227-IC – FP - [insert Name]
Please note that these proposals shall be submitted to the designated secured email into two files but in one email unless both Files are Greater than 9MB file size
EMAIL SUBJECT LINE WHILE SUBMITTING PROPOSAL:
While submitting your proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org be sure your email subject line is UNDP.GHA.2019.227.IC