|Overview : |
Eligible organisations are Myanmar Civil Society Organisations and Legal Aid Providers that work on community development, raising awareness on HLP issues including land law, registration processes and dispute resolution; conducting land mapping and monitoring land claims; and, provision of legal aid services in Kachin State targeting townships and locations within and outside of Myitkyina.
Eligibility Criteria for Development Organizations:
- Having the necessary permission to provide the services outlined in this TOR in the agreed locations (evidenced by registration, ongoing application for registration, or endorsement from the relevant authorities).
- A track record of at least three years in development work preferably in land matters, community development and awareness raising targeting disadvantaged and/or underserved populations in Kachin State.
- Must be a Myanmar development organization with operations established in Kachin State.
Eligibility Criteria for Legal Aid Service Providers:
- Having the necessary permission to provide legal aid services as outlined in these TOR in the proposed locations (evidenced by registration, ongoing application for registration, or endorsement from the relevant authorities).
- Be able to demonstrate a track record of at least three years in provision of legal aid services on land matters in Kachin State, preferably targeting disadvantaged and/or underserved populations.
- Must be a Myanmar legal aid organization with operations established in Kachin State.
 Civil Society Organisations include: Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Faith-Based Organizations (FBOs), Community Based Organizations (CBOs), Academic/professional organizations, Media organizations undertaking public interest work, Community networks (at region/district/ward levels), Consortia or partnership organizations, Myanmar umbrella organizations. The following organizations are not eligible to apply for grants: for profit/private organizations, political parties or organizations affiliated to political parties, trade unions, international NGOs.