|Overview : |
Project - 00115248 - Engagement Facility for Innovation Mauritius
Re-Advertisement for a National Consultant for the Elaboration of a Feasibility Study and Strategy for the establishment of the United Nations Technology Innovation Lab (UNTIL) Mauritius
The UNDP and the Government of Mauritius are exploring to partner in establishing a UN Technology Lab (UNITIL) with the UN Secretariat Office of Information and Communication Technology (OICT) (www.until.un.org) to invent, incubate and accelerate technology-based products and services that address key identified thematic areas: SDG 14 – Life Below Water, SDG 13 – Climate Action, SDG 4 – Quality Education, SDG 10 – Reduced Inequalities.
UNTIL Mauritius will create a platform for collaborative problem solving in partnership with UN and its agencies, the Government of Mauritius, Private Sector, Academia and Civil Society. It will provide support in different dimensions:
- Improving the enabling environment (e.g. better policy and regulatory space for innovation);
- Developing skills (innovation methods, learning behaviors, outcome-focus, action-orientation, technology innovation), including understanding what makes local solutions work and reverse engineering them into different contexts to ensure scale and spread;
- Design, development of proto types, testing and market application of digital solutions
- Improving internationalization for Mauritius-designed digital solutions
- Recommendations on public-private partnerships in making UNTIL Lab financially autonomous in the medium and long-run
The UNTIL Lab in Mauritius will be integral part of the global UNTIL network that is operational in Finland, Egypt, India and Malaysia with several additional countries like Germany, Rwanda and Thailand expected to become operational in 2019-2020.
UNTIL also expects to share knowledge and concrete software solutions with other African countries through South-South Cooperation and make Mauritius as a landing pad and platform for Africa in technologically connecting with Asia, Australasia and Europe through the global UNTIL network.
UNDP Office in Mauritius is therefore seeking the services of one (1) National Consultant for the Elaboration of a Feasibility Study and Strategy for the establishment of the United Nations Technology Innovation Lab (UNTIL) Mauritius in 2020-2022. The National Consultant will report to the International Consultant working as a team for the delivery of the key high-level results expected form this engagement.
- Completion of a detailed feasibility study on UNTIL Mauritius potential deliverables
- Establishment of a strategy for a 3 years operations horizon ready to be endorsed by the UNTIL Mauritius Advisory Panel
- Initiation of the administrative operationalization of the UNTIL Mauritius lab
Duration of the work
The Consultant will be engaged under an Individual contract (IC), and the whole assignment will be for not more than 40 days worked within the period of 21 October to 10 December 2019.
The Consultant will be based in Port Louis, Mauritius.
Applications should be sent through email: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 14 October 2019, Monday- Midnight, New York time (GMT+4 Mauritius time)
Annex A - Letter of confirmation of interest and availability and Submission of financial proposal
Annex B - Model Contact IC
Annex C - UNDP GCC IC
Annex D - P11
Terms of Reference
Note: This is a re-advertisement. Applicants who had indicated interest earlier need not apply again.