|Overview : |
DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL 24 JANUARY 2020.
UNV works under a dual mandate – to mobilize volunteers for the United Nations System and to advocate for the importance of volunteerism in development worldwide. We mobilize volunteers to serve in UN agencies, both in development programmes and peacekeeping operations.
UNV is based in Bonn, Germany, with around 150 staff members at headquarters, and 6,500 volunteers deployed in the field. UNV also has an Office in New York, five Regional Offices in Amman, Bangkok, Dakar, Nairobi and Panama City and around 60 Field Units that represent the organization at the country level.
UNV is committed to developing its human resources in order to achieve its mandate. UNV business model calls for ‘fit-for-purpose’ organisational structure aimed at supporting recurrent and emerging business needs. To ensure that the organisational objectives are met, UNV reinforces priority of staff professional development by investing in learning and talent management in 2020.
Given the nature of UNVs mandate, its core service of deploying human resources around the world, UNV wishes to enrol a limited number of staff members (10 per year on a pilot basis) into a programme which can result in an internationally recognised HR certification.
Purpose of the RFI:
The purpose of this RFI is to gather the appropriate information on the market. It is not to solicit for proposals or short list vendors. The information will enhance UNV’s knowledge of the market and products available.
More specifically, UNV wants to gain a better understanding of what is available on the market regarding the following:
- Internationally recognised HR certification programmes for HR professionals working in international organisation (i.e. not specific to one particular national legislation);
- Curricula offered and course content;
- Learning delivery modality options (e.g. 100% online, classroom based);
- Requirements for formal certification (exam, coursework);
- Different levels of certification based on role and or prior experience of staff member;
- Typical duration of such courses and estimated time commitments
- Language offering in addition to English
Information and Documents required:
UNV requests that interested service providers respond using the RFI Form provided in Annex 1 and attach any supporting documentation to this form.
The service providers may participate in a future publicly announced Request for Proposals.
Please be advised that information presented to UNV should be limited to the capabilities and services of the offered solution.
Based on the supplier’s response to the RFI, UNV may seek further clarification on any of the information provided. Such clarification will be sought written communication.
It should be noted that any information provided in this market research will be treated as confidential information that will be used for UNV’s internal evaluation purposes of the related market only. Please also note that the provided information does not in any way qualify or disqualify a company to participate in the subsequent tender process.
Interested service providers should submit Annex I and follow below instructions.
The proposal should be submitted electronically as follows:
- Deadline of submission: NEW DEADLINE 24 January 2020 (Bonn time) (EOI received after the above deadline will not be considered).
- Email address for e-submission: UNV Procurement email@example.com
- Mandatory subject of email: 0094286: RFI HR Certification
- All files must be free of viruses and not corrupted.
- Format: PDF files only
- Max. File Size per transmission: 10 MB
- File names must be maximum 60 characters long and must not contain any letter or special character other than from Latin alphabet/keyboard.
Any inquiries/clarifications about this RFI should be sent to UNV Procurement firstname.lastname@example.org with ref. 0094286: RFI HR Certification.