|Overview : |
UNDP Ethiopia Country Office – on behalf of UN Health Care Center in Ethiopia hereby invites you to the recruitment of GP/Internist on Individual Contract (IC) basis.
The UN Health Care Center has the responsibility to provide both core and non-core services to all UN staff and the eligible dependents based in Ethiopia. The core services are provided by the regular staffs that include physicians and a few supportive para-medical staff. The non-core services also known as curative services are provided both by regular physicians and consultants who are recruited in different fields of medicine. The present ToR is intended to guide the consultants in the dispensation of their duties at UNHCC to ensure clients’ satisfaction and respect the organization’s rules and regulations from the health standpoint of view.
Project/Program Title: GP/Internist for United Nations Health Care Center (UNHCC).
Type of the contract: Individual Consultant (IC)
Supervisor: UNHCC and UNDP Ethiopia
Duration: The duration of the work is one year according to the monthly time table.
Expected Starting Date: Immediately after Concluding Contract Agreement
You are hereby strongly advised to refer to the attached Request for Proposal that includes the Terms of Reference (ToR) for detail background, key deliverables, duties, responsibilities and minimum criteria for qualification. Please use the attached Request for Proposal Submission Form while applying.
Proposal should be submitted at the following address or email no later than 12th of February 2020 @ 5:30 PM in the Afternoon (UTC+03:00) Addis Ababa/Nairobi Time Zone.
Via our secured e-mail address:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A minimum of first degree in general medicine and specialized in the field of internal medicine or has outstanding work experience as a General Practitioner.
- A minimum of 3-5 years in the field of internal medicine or a minimum of 10 years work experience as a General Practitioner is required.
c. Language and other skills:
- Excellent knowledge of English language, (both written and spoken) is required;
- A knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.
- The work at the clinic requires the use of an electronic medical record system. Computer skills: full command of Microsoft applications (word, excel, PowerPoint) and common internet applications will be required.
d. Functional Competencies:
- Professionalism: Knowledge of clinical, occupational and tropical medicine. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for decisions made during the dispensation of his or her duties.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Planning& Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors’ language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
e. Core Competencies:
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Fulfils all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
The Consultant is required to have the abovementioned professional and technical qualifications. Only the applicants who hold these qualifications will be shortlisted and contacted.
Qualified individuals are required to submit Brief Technical proposal containing:
- Proposal Submission Form
- Updated CV
- Letter of Motivation: Briefly explain why you are the most suitable for the consultancy service you applied for
The application of those who fulfil the minimum qualification criteria will be evaluated.
For any clarifications please submit your request to Mrs. TB through firstname.lastname@example.org; Please note Proposal should only be submitted to: email@example.com