|Overview : |
Across Asia and the Pacific, UNDP helps countries build and share their own solutions to urgent development challenges, supporting coalitions for change and connecting individuals and institutions so they can share knowledge, experience and resources. As countries develop local capacity, they draw on the people of UNDP and our wide range of regional and global partners. The Bangkok Regional Hub (BRH) provides proactive support to country offices (CO) by responding to their demand for policy and programme advice and by ensuring alignment of country programmes with regional and corporate priorities. To ensure continued support to our initiatives, UNDP’s Bangkok Regional Hub (BRH) seeks a software developer to enhance the current applications and develop new online business processes.
Under the guidance of the Applications Development Specialist and in collaboration with the regional Clustering Manager with the GSSU Copenhagen Team, the SharePoint Developer provides application development services to the BRH, provides development and support of SharePoint applications and of information management tools.
Scope of Work, Responsibilities and Description of the Proposed Analytical Work:
- Design web-based solutions in close collaboration with GSSU teams;
- Create web-based applications using Asp.Net, MVC, Entity Framework, JQuery, Ajax, LINQ and other necessary script libraries as necessary;
- Establish CRUD operation through effective LINQ to SQL queries using relational database with SQL Server;
- Create mobile version of the existing applications as necessary;
- Experience in mobile app development for Android and iOS is a strong advantage;
- Create micro-sites on the UNDP Intranet as required;
- Enhance functionality and features in existing BRH applications as required;
- Conduct training for BRH IT or nominated staff for application maintenance as required;
- Ad-hoc support to RBAP country offices on existing application hosted on Azure platform as required;
- Working knowledge on Azure DevOps is an added advantage;
- Experience in SharePoint Provider Hosted Add-In development is a strong advantage;
- Create SRS and technical documentation as required;
- Create step-by-step user guide for applications;
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- The consultant will be based at the Bangkok Regional Hub;
- The Consultant will be given access to relevant information, databases and platforms necessary for execution of the tasks under this consultancy;
- Given the multiple locations of teams, the consultant is expected to be reasonably flexible with his/her availability for such consultations taking into consideration different time zones;
- Payments will be made upon submission of a monthly time sheet and certification of payment form, and acceptance and confirmation by the Supervisor on days worked (with a “day” calculated as 8 working hours) and outputs delivered.
Requirements for Experience and Qualifications:
Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position;
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks;
- Identifies new and better approaches to work processes and incorporates same in own work;
- Strives to keep job knowledge up to date through self-directed study and other means of learning;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
- Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change;
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions;
- Design and Implementation of Management Systems;
- Data gathering and implementation of management systems;
- Uses information/databases/other management systems.
- Maintains effective client relationships;
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines;
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients;
- Responds to client needs promptly;
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems.
Required Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field experience.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in web-based applications development using Asp.Net, MVC, Entity Framework, JQuery, Ajax, LINQ or similar;
- Online deployment scenario and available controls and functions is required;
- Experience in working with SharePoint environment, and developing SharePoint and/or provider hosted apps is an asset;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Productivity tools especially on MS Excel using VBA and macros, MS PowerPoint and MS InfoPath;
- Previous experience working with UNDP or other UN agencies is an asset.
Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
Documents to be included when submitting the proposals
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications. Please group them into a single (1) PDF document as the application only allows uploading maximum one file.
- A duly completed and signed UNDP Personal History form (P11) or CV including Education/Qualification, Professional Certification, Employment Records /Experience (Annex I)
- Offeror’s Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability for the IC Assignment (Annex III)
- Demo of applications developed
- 3 reference letters from previous employees
The financial proposal shall be provided in the prescribed format (Annex III). The contract will be based on a daily fee. The financial proposal shall be specified in US Dollars.
All anticipated travel costs must be included in the financial proposal. This includes all travel to Bangkok, Thailand and return to the place of domicile in most direct and economy class. Any unforeseen travel during the period of the assignment will have to be approved by the UNDP and all costs of travel and living expenses will be reimbursed to the consultant in accordance with the UNDP travel policy.
The award of the contract shall be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as (a) responsive/compliant/acceptable; and (b) having received the highest score out of set of weighted technical criteria (60%); and financial criteria (40%). Financial score shall be computed as a ratio of the proposal being evaluated and the lowest priced proposal received by UNDP for the assignment.
Experience in web-based applications development using Asp.Net, MVC, Entity Framework, JQuery, Ajax, LINQ or similar.
Online deployment scenario and available controls and functions.
Experience in working with SharePoint environment, and developing SharePoint and/or provider hosted apps is an asset.
Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Productivity tools especially on MS Excel using VBA and macros, MS PowerPoint and MS InfoPath.
Previous experience working with UNDP or other UN agencies is an asset.
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 42 points (60% of the total technical points) would be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
ANNEX I – UNDP Personal History form (P11)
ANNEX II INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ANNEX III - OFFEROR’S LETTER TO UNDP CONFIRMING INTEREST AND AVAILABILITY
Offeror's letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability
Please click on the link below to apply: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=89811