|Overview : |
International Consultant for Project Development of UNDP supported Medium-Sized Project proposal on Capacity-Building Initiative Transparency under the GEF-7: "Strengthening the National Greenhouse Gas Inventory of the Republic of Mauritius to Improve Climate Reporting and Transparency".
Mauritius’ Capacity Building Initiative for Transparency (CBIT) project has an overall objective to assist Mauritius in strengthening its national greenhouse gas inventory and associated data collection process, and to mainstream greater use of the inventory in policy formulation and NDC tracking.
Scope of Work:
The initial concept “Strengthening the national greenhouse gas inventory of the Republic of Mauritius to improve climate reporting and transparency” was developed and submitted to GEF in August 2019. The concept has been approved in October 2019, after which full project document has to be developed and submitted to GEF for approval. With the GEF-CBIT support, country level capacity can be improved to prioritize the MRV development, to carry out critical climate-responsive contributions, set forth in Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC), in line with the Paris Agreement. With an increased national capacity to measure, monitor and report on actions, identified in NDC, the country will be in a better position to enhance the transparency in reporting, and identify long-term mitigation potential.
Thus, the approved CBIT concept proposal has been focused on three main components:
- Improving the accuracy and localisation of the national greenhouse gas inventory
- Strengthening the national greenhouse gas inventory process
- Mainstreaming the national greenhouse gas inventory to enhance transparency and support policy-making
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the guidance of the UNDP Head of Environment Unit, and in close cooperation with the national project partners, primarily MoESWMCC, the consultant will be in charge of development of full project proposal package to be submitted to GEF. The PPG Lead Consultant tasks will be as follow:
- Act as Technical Lead;
- Preparatory Technical Studies and Reviews (Component A);
- Formulation of the ProDoc, CEO Endorsement Request and Mandatory and Project Specific Annexes (Component B);
- Validation Workshop (Component C) and
- Final Deliverables
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
Main project deliverables will include the following:
- PPG Workplan
- Inception workshop and report
- Draft proposal package
- Final proposal package, with all comments incorporated
- Consolidation of all technical and consultation reports including from national stakeholders, UNDP, GEF Secretariat, STAP and GEF Council, into a well written and concise UNDP ProDoc with all required sections and Annexes, in line with the standard UNDP-GEF ProDoc template and annotated guidance;
- Completion of the GEF CEO Endorsement Request;
- All documentation from GEF PPG (including technical reports, etc.); and
- Validation Workshop Report.
Home-based and UNDP Mauritius Country Office
Duration of the Work
The International Consultant shall be required for 30 working days, over a period of 7 months as from 1 March 2020 until 30 September 2020.
Applications should be sent through email : firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 6 February 2020, Thursday - Midnight, New York time (GMT+4 Mauritius time)
Annex A - Letter of confirmation of interest and availability and Submission of financial proposal
Annex B - Model Contact IC
Annex C - UNDP GCC IC
Annex D - P11
Terms of Reference