|Overview : |
Description of the assignment: Consultancy for Private Sector Contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals (National) - IC/PNG/001-2020
Duration: 131 working days
UNDP Papua New Guinea is recruiting a National Consultant for Private Sector Contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals to help contribute to its overall work programme. The National Consultant for Private Sector Contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals will support to deliver the following:
- Develop and implement engagement strategy for the Business Council to sign up to 50 private sector entities of varying business sizes
- Fully self-contained/functioning online dashboard for the participating private sector companies
- Protocol for the simple ongoing maintenance of the dashboard (housed within the Business Council)
- Specific strategies for UN, Government and private sector to build relationships, strengthen coordination mechanisms and SME engagement to have a whole of PNG approach to the progress towards the SDGs and identifying accelerators and gaps.
A detailed TOR is available from UNDP website (www.pg.undp.org under procurement section) or can be made available upon request via email to Tirnesh Prasad on procurement.pg@undp..org .
Experience and Qualification required
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in economics, business administration or in any other related field.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience particularly in the ASEAN region with a demonstrated track record of successful engagement with the private sector, CSR vis-a-vis SDGs and financing issues.
- A solid understanding of the SDGs and ongoing innovative programming and financing in partnership with the private sector with special reference to UN agencies.
- Advanced IT skills, excellent analytical, report writing and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to quickly adapt to change, and to remain calm under pressure
Documents to be Submitted:
Updated current CV, Brief description of why the individual considers him/herself as the most suitable for the assignment and executed Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability using the template provided by UNDP, which can be accessed from this UNDP PNG Procurement web page.
Proposal must be submitted using this generic email firstname.lastname@example.org address only, no later than 23rd February, 2019 (PNG Time). Any request for clarification must be sent in writing to Tirnesh Prasad (procurement.pg@undp..org). UNDP will respond in writing and will publish the same response as supplementary note on UNDP procurement we site, including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry.
UNDP looks forward to receiving your Proposal and thank you in advance for your interest in UNDP procurement opportunities.