|Overview : |
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) invites national and/or international Civil Organizations and Non-Government Organizations (NGOs), whether academe-based or independent non-profit organizations, for potential partnership with UNDP in implementing development projects requiring expertise and experience in the following thematic areas:
• Peacebuilding – including mediation, conflict sensitivity, conflict resolution, peace and development, etc.
• Normalization – decommissioning and re-integration of former combatants, transitional justice, and social protection, among others;
• Preventing / Countering Violent Extremism – community security, including early warning and response, deradicalization and aftercare of former offenders, etc.
• Integrated Development – including but not limited to livelihood development and entrepreneurship, infrastructure development, investment policy, among others. Among the projects and activities that the CSOs and NGOs will be undertaking as responsible parties or grant recipients will be the following:
• Organizing platforms for dialogue and mediation with various stakeholders such as community leaders, religious leaders, youth, women and indigenous peoples, with particular focus on those belonging to geographically isolated and disadvantaged areas.
• Designing and implementing socio-economic or income-generating activities to help the recovery of conflict-affected individuals and communities as well as improving the capacities of community-based organizations
• Building community platforms for early warning and response against violent extremism in coordination with local authorities and relevant stakeholders
• Developing and undertaking high quality research on various peacebuilding themes with the goal of translating the results into policy reform or social change.
• Innovative use or introduction of new methods and technologies, including those which promote participatory planning
• Building networks, alliances or consortiums with other CSOs or NGOs, government agencies and relevant development partners
• Delivery of basic services in conflict-affected communities and technical support to partner institutions.
Interested parties are requested to respond to the RFI questionnaire and CACHE form after downloading the templates from eTendering Sites. The responses to the RFI questionnaire and CACHE form must be submitted online at the Attachment section of the e-tendering site. All supporting documents and forms should be uploaded along with the filled in forms. In case of any clarifications and technical issues related to eTendering system, kindly write to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date of submission of information and forms is 24 February 2020, 12 noon (Manila Time). Late submissions will not be considered for evaluation.
NOTE : A meeting/briefing on the Request for Information is being organized on 10 February at the UNDP Cotabato Field Office – Pastor Kimpo Sr. Street, Cotabato City,