|Overview : |
Provision of Management and Organization Change Advisory Services (Readvertisement)
The overall objective of this RFP is to provide UNDP and UNDP’s partners with best-in-class advice and analysis, and innovative recommendations that may help State of Kuwait achieve its development objectives.
In order to contribute to this objective, the contractor will provide technical assistance and high-quality consultancy services. The contract will be implemented through specific assignments. UNDP will issue a service request for each of the assignments, detailing inter alia the scope of the assignment, the type(s) of services required, timeframe in which the assignment needs to be completed, and the outputs. The thematic scope of the assignments will be driven by the CPD priorities, priority areas for next development plan as well as transformation efforts in several areas.
Therefore, UNDP in its continuity to offering services to State of Kuwait, wish to enter into Long Term Agreement (LTA) with highly qualified Consultancy Companies, to provide consulting-advisory services in :
- Management and Organization Change Advisory Services;
- Procurement Method: Establishment of Multiple Vendor LTAs with secondary competition. The LTA will be awarded to minimum 2 and maximum 3 Bidders, as per the highest combined technical and financial ranking.
- Placement of orders is determined through secondary competition. The LTA Awarded Holders will be called for Secondary Competition once a specific Assignment is determined by UNDP (please see the Section 7, SoP, Phase 2-for secondary competition)
- LTA is for period of 3 Years in Total (1 year with possibility of extension for 2 more years)
TYPE OF SERVICES REQUIRED / MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATION CHANGE ADVISORY SERVICES
The overall purpose is to provide UNDP and UNDP’s partners (Kuwait Government and public-private institutions) with best-in-class advice and analysis, and innovative recommendations that may help State of Kuwait to achieve its development objectives. In order to contribute to this objective, the contractor will provide technical assistance and high-quality consultancy services and intervene in various service lines (business areas), of management and organization change theme.
The service lines (but not limited to below) where the focus will be concentrated, and level of expertise required are listed below:
- (A). Development and review of organizational strategies;
- (A). Strategic business planning;
- (A). Project cycle management and training;
- (B). Business sourcing strategies (e.g. shared services and outsourcing) ;
- (B). Risk strategy and business continuity;
- (B) Business performance measurement and improvement;
- (A). Development of innovation strategies;
- (B). Business process analysis, re-engineering and improvement;
- (A). Organizational development and change management;
- (B). Information management and knowledge sharing;
- (A). Organizational design and restructuring;
- (A). Leadership and executive coaching;
- (B). Training, skills and knowledge gap assessments & training needs assessments;
- (A). Development of capacity building strategies and programmes;
- (A). Personnel and stakeholder engagement and communication strategy;
**The service lines are separated into category A and B. The category A services lines (without undermining category B) based on demand analysis shall be most requested.)
In line with the service lines rendered above, the contractor shall be required to respond to the requirements of specific assignments requested by UNDP, in a team approach (see team structures below). For each assignment UNDP will develop detailed Terms of Reference, rendering requirements and tasks to be delivered by the contractor.
A pre-proposal conference will be conducted at UN House Kuwait, Mishref, Diplomatic Square, Block 7a, on 18 February 2020, at 1100 AM hours. Interested vendors expressing interest to attend shall send an email to UNDP Focal Point (see RFP for details)