|Overview : |
International Consultant as Resource Facilitator for UNDP Mauritius and Seychelles
UNDP Mauritius Country Office requires the services of a qualified consultant to facilitate a one and half -day team building exercise focusing on leadership and motivational activities and building communication capacities for UNDP personnel across projects/programmes for the Mauritius and Seychelles Multi-Country Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
The facilitator is expected to provide indirect or unobtrusive assistance, guidance, or supervision in facilitating and moderating a team building process that will improve both horizontal and vertical communication and socialization within the UNDP, boost team performance and collaboration and foster innovation and creativity. Thus, the team building programme should be creatively organized to include sessions aimed at helping the staff to identify the interrelationship between programme versus operation, management versus team or versus individual work plans that ensure the optimal delivery of the programme outputs, better communication and enhanced teamwork.
The assignment includes preparatory work as well as facilitation during the retreat. The facilitator is expected to adhere to the timetable and ensure the on-time delivery of the various deliverables.
The main objectives of the Team Building exercise are to:
- Increase each participant’s sense of confidence and create a feeling of accomplishment;
- Increase participants’ capacity to better understand their own individual and team effectiveness; and appreciate engagement with each other another;
- Strengthen capacity for initiative and responsibilities necessary to accomplish a task through group planning and teamwork, brainstorming, and problem solving;
- Provide effective tools and methodologies to facilitate group growth, ease a group through a difficult period or process, and develop cohesiveness among group members;
- Encourage positive group behaviour including respect and acceptance for the abilities and limitations of everyone;
- Effective use of communication skills in group interactions;
- Develop the skills necessary for group interaction;
- Develop leadership skills; and
- Share knowledge and information on group and individual behaviours and adaption and team building strategies
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
The facilitator is expected to perform the following tasks
1. Preparation/planning of the team building exercise
- Design and approval of a customized team building programme clearly articulating the objectives of each of the team building exercises;
- Interactive and flexible facilitation tools and materials prepared prior to the workshop;
- Pre-briefing and agreement of outcomes;
- Organisation and administration;
- Management and facilitation of main event;
- Review, action planning and follow-up commitments;
- Photographs and visual record; and
- Meeting report.
Note: A detailed agenda including information about the sessions should be submitted to UNDP Management. Meetings to discuss the objectives, the sessions and logistics issues will be held with the selected bidder at UNDP prior to the retreat.
2. Facilitation of the team building retreat workshop
- Interactive and team building sessions aimed at identifying deliberate harmonization of UNDP’s activities through effective communication of its diverse teams.
3. A brief report to the Staff Retreat Task Force Committee, outlining
- The retreat workshop proceedings and key outcomes;
- Recommendations on corporate deliveries to promote communication and team work horizontally and vertically;
- Recommendations for the sustenance of the retreat objectives; and
- Feedback on the various aspects of the team building from participants.
4. Expected outcomes
- A cohesive team that understands individual roles and their links to the overall UNDP’s objectives;
- Improved communication between supervisors and their staff, both horizontally and vertically;
- Identification of the team’s strengths and capacity needs of members and provision of appropriate recommendations; and
- Meeting the expectations of all staff for the team building exercise.
Duration of the Assignment
10 person days (within a period starting from 2 April to 15 April 2020)
Home based and in Mauritius
Submission of Application
Applications should be sent through email : email@example.com on or before Monday 16 March 2020 - Midnight, New York time (GMT+4 Mauritius time)
Annex A - Letter of confirmation of interest and availability and Submission of financial proposal
Annex B - Model Contact IC
Annex C - UNDP GCC IC
Annex D - P11
Terms of Reference