|Overview : |
UNDP Vietnam is seeking for a National Consultant/Financing Expert for Assessment of Investment Potentials for Energy Generation options for the National Power Development Master Plan #VIII, 2021 – 2030.
The objective of the assignment is to assess investment potentials to develop an investment plan for PDP8 with focus on following specific objectives:
- To estimate the investment needs for each of energy mix option and compare the strengths and weaknesses of the various options presented in the draft PDP 8 (including the base scenario and at least one alternative scenario possibly with maximal renewable energy and maximal energy efficiency option for Viet Nam- this will be decided during the inception phase of the assignment).
- To identify financing sources including potential investors and/or possible financing options with barriers analysis for recommendations how to overcome them to leverage the capital required to finance these energy mix options.
- Develop investment plan for each of the two options/scenarios: one base scenario presented in the PDP 8 and one with maximal renewable energy and energy efficiency.
The expert team will work as a team and be jointly responsible for the following tasks:
- Task 1: Assessment of energy generation options and defining the required investment capital for each option
- Task 2: Assessment of financing sources including potential investors and/or possible financing options
- Task 3: Develop investment plans for two options: one base scenario presented in the PDP8, and one with maximal renewable energy and energy efficiency
- Task 4: Support and participate in at least 01 consultation workshop and 01 final workshop to discuss and present the findings and recommendations of the assessment.
Interested offerors are invited to submit CVs, financial proposals and writing samples following guidance in the Procurement Notice to:
UNDP Viet Nam
304 Kim Ma, Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Tel: (+84 24) 38500100
Direct: (+84 24) 38500283
with notification by email (without attachment) to: firstname.lastname@example.org that the bidder has submitted proposal.
UNDP will not be responsible for the missing of proposal if the bidder does not send notification email to above address.
Deadline for submission: 23.59, 26 March 2020 (Hanoi time)