|Overview : |
UNDP is seeking to enter into a Long-Term Agreement (LTA) with up to ten (10) Social and Environmental Experts to provide technical assistance to ensure that projects are designed and implemented to meet the objectives laid out by the UNDP SES. Support may include oversight, quality assurance, capacity development, and direct implementation support.
The consultant(s) will be responsible for the following activities:
• Become fully familiar with the UNDP’s SES and those of relevant funding bodies and support corporate learning including trainings, documentation of case studies and lessons learned, webinars, guidance materials, etc.
• Review draft project concepts and document/identify potential environmental and social risks.
• As necessary, recommend issues for further discussion during stakeholder consultations undertaken during project development.
• Ensure that identified social and environmental risks at the concept stage are effectively described in the final project proposals, addressing how the projects will avoid or mitigate negative impacts and incorporate appropriate environmental and social management plans as necessary.
• Identify any potential social and environmental risks that will require further assessment and management planning during implementation, identify the level of risk and probability, and incorporate these requirements into the project proposal.
• Prepare any other documentation – including additional management plans/frameworks – as may be required to ensure full compliance with UNDP’s SES.
• Review and provide technical input to safeguards related documents and materials during the design and implementation of projects, e.g. related to the ESIA, ToRs, other impact assessments and studies, grievance redress mechanisms, management plans, safeguards information systems, safeguards monitoring frameworks, etc.
Please refer to the following link for further information and submit your application: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?job_id=90741
Applications must be submitted by COB 26 March 2020 New York Time. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to submit a financial proposal through the E-tendering portal.
Should you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 19th March 2020.
Central Procurement Unit