|Overview : |
UNDP Vietnam is seeking for a national firm to to conduct research on and map the contribution of Informal Waste Pickers (IWP) on Danang’s waste management system (Ref. B-200301)
The main objective of the national firm is to map out the activities of IWPs in Da Nang. The scope includes but not limited to the following:
- Together with Acclab team design the detail of the experiment using the Collective Intelligence approach.
- Research and collect data of IWPs. The data will be mainly about how many IWPs operate in a given area?, which areas/routes that waste pickers cover, what type of waste they collect and why, how much of recyclables they collect each day, the way they deal with the valuable waste, who/where do IWPs sell their recyclable waste to? map out collection and consolidation centers (that buy from IWPs); how do these IWPs work? Individuals or collectively? full time or part time? how much they are able to earn, collect their feedback on what would improve their work, etc.
- Engage IWPs in mapping out illegal dumping sites in their routes.
- Process and present the data in a visual map and report. Potentially using open-sourced mapping tools or other related methods.
- Propose policies on how to best facilitate the work of IWPs and integrate them in the waste management system of Da Nang.
The selection will be on a competitive basis and will comply with UNDP procurement regulations.
Procurement Notice with enclosed TOR and evaluation criteria are in the attached files.
Interested bidders are invited to submit proposals and other information following guidance in the Procurement Notice to:
UNDP Viet Nam
304 Kim Ma, Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Tel: (+84 24) 38500100
Direct: (+84 24) 38500143
with notification by email (without attachment) to: email@example.com that the bidder has submitted proposal.
UNDP will not be responsible for the missing of proposal if the bidder does not send notification email to above address.
Deadline for Submission: :Sunday 5 April 2020
We look forward to receiving your proposal by the above deadline.