The Expert will work with UNDP’s Montreal Protocol/Chemicals & Waste Unit to support the full project cycle of the GEF including the development of new PIFs / Programmatic approaches, providing technical assistance to projects under implementation, provide project monitoring, etc. The specific tasks will be further specified during the implementation of this Long Term Agreement, and includes all potential work in the context of the MPU’s portfolio with focus in the Chemicals and Waste focal area under the GEF, including POPS and Mercury. Clear demonstrated experience with the GEF is a requirement.
The International Expert will work with UNDP under the direct coordination of the Regional Technical Advisors, carrying out the following services:
• Upon request, provide advisory services as well as technical and scientific input related to the development and implementation of the Montreal Protocol/Chemicals & Waste Unit’s related programmes and projects;
• Provide technical assistance in the Projects that will form part of the new “Mercury and UPOPs from energy intensive manufacturing and energy production sectors” UNDP-GEF Program;
• Provide technical assistance in the development of Project Development Phases (PPG) and Initiation Plans;
• Provide technical assistance on reduction of emissions of high GWP chemicals found within intensive industrial processes and also used for electrical insulation, such as SF6, PFCs and HFCs;
• Participate in development of new C&W projects/initiatives with Private financing;
• Upon request, represent UNDP in technical meetings related to the Sound Management of Chemicals and Waste;
• Provide Technical Assistance in existing MPU’s C&W portfolio.
The contract will enter into effect upon signature by both parties and will be for an initial 2 (two) years, with possible extension for 1 (one) additional period of 1 (one) year with a maximum of 240 working days.
Home based, with potential missions to LAC countries. Travel expenses inclusive of living allowances will be covered by UNDP based on established rates.
The consultant will receive payment based on satisfactory completion of tasks assigned.
The candidate shall quote his/her services on a per diem amount basis or professional daily fees for services based on the deliverables identified below.
A Best value for Money approach will be used in the evaluation of the applicants and will lead to a combined score for technical capabilities and the financial offer. Qualified candidates, based on their technical capabilities, will receive the standard format that they must fill out to submit their financial offer