|Overview : |
Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 16 breaks new ground in development thinking as it is the first time that Peace, Justice and Inclusion are being addressed in an explicit global development goal with detailed targets. It is widely acknowledged that SDG 16 is both an end in itself and a crucial part of delivering sustainable development in all countries.Five years into the implementation of 2030, the 2019 Sustainable Development Goals Report and the SDG Summit Political Declaration highlight that despite increased advocacy and implementation on SDG 16, indicators are largely trending in the wrong direction.
UNDP, /UNDP/ BPPS/ G&PB is looking for a qualified Co-ordination support to the Global Alliance for Reporting on Peaceful, Just and Inclusive Societies to provide support to the the following:
- Provide programmatic, coordination and research input to UNDP’s work streams on SDG16, including by contributing to the development of UNDP’s SDG 16 Tool Kit and development of best practices resource and exchanges on post VNR efforts on SDG 16.
- Contribute to briefing notes and background material for senior UNDP staff on SDG 16+.
- Follow and report on key happenings on SDG16 in intergovernmental fora and liaise with key partners and Global Alliance Member States on SDG16.
- Lead on components of an SDG 16 good practice repository on the SDG 16 Hub.
- Support coordination of Global Alliance members and activities, including development of knowledge products, organisation of events, and support the secretariat function.
Please access the following link to apply and for futher information: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=92003
The deadline to submit an application is 15 June 2020 COB New York Time.
Should you have any questions please email email@example.com no later than 9 June 2020.
Looking forward to receiving your application.