|Overview : |
The Green Climate Fund (GCF) was established in 2010 as an operating entity of the financial mechanism of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), designed to disburse new and additional resources for addressing climate change. Access to Fund resources is through national, regional and international implementing entities accredited by the Board. The Fund liaises with individual countries through a nominated national institution known as the National Designated Authority (NDA). In Ghana, the Government nominated the Economic Strategy and Research Division (ESRD) at the Ministry of Finance to be its NDA.
SCOPE OF WORK
The team of Consultants will undertake this assignment in close consultation with the Economic Strategy and Research Division at the Ministry of Finance (Ghana NDA) and its Technical Advisory Committee, UNDP Country Office, designated international technical advisors (including Climate Analytics) as well as other relevant national stakeholders in climate change policy and finance. In addition, this assignment will be conducted under the guidance of the special Technical Committee set up by the NDA to oversee the development of Ghana’s GCF Country Programme. The Consultants will also work with the team undertaking the revision of Ghana’s NDCs and the development of Ghana’s NDC Financing Strategy to ensure synergies on national climate change project/ programme priorities.
- Advanced Degree (Masters or a PhD) in Natural Sciences, Climate Change, Climate Policy, Natural Resource Management or any other relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant work experience in climate change adaptation or mitigation or climate change financing in developing countries;
- Prior work experience in climate change mitigation or adaptation in relation to work on NDCs in developing countries
- Good knowledge and understanding in climate change (domestic and global levels), UNFCCC, adaptation assessment, GHG inventories and low carbon development, impact assessments of policies and measures.
HOW TO APPLY
- See the Documents section above for the detailed Annex I-Terms of Reference and Submission Documents.
BID SUBMISSION INSTRUCTION:
- Strictly follow the instructions indicated in the IC Proposal Submission Form uploaded hereto
For detailed information, please refer to Annex I- Terms of Reference (ToR)
The Consultant is required to have the above mentioned professional and technical qualifications. Only the applicants who hold these qualifications are advised to submit their respective bid proposals
The following proposals must be prepared as per the prescribed standard format indicated in the respective IC Bid Document. The Proposals shall be submitted before its deadline on July 20, 2020, via UNDP Ghana Secured mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical Proposal in pdf under file name: UNDP.GHA.2020.101-IC – TP - [insert Name]
- Financial Proposal in pdf under file name: UNDP.GHA.2020.101-IC – FP - [insert Name]
Please note that these proposals shall be submitted to the designated secured email into two files but in one email unless both Files are Greater than 9MB file size
EMAIL SUBJECT LINE WHILE SUBMITTING PROPOSAL:
While submitting your proposals to email@example.com