|Overview : |
UNDP is the knowledge frontier organization for sustainable development in the UN Development system and serves as the integrator for collective action to realize the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). UNDP invests in the Global Policy Network (GPN), a network of field- based and global technical expertise across a wide range of knowledge domains and in support of the signature solutions and organizational capabilities envisioned in the Strategic Plan. Within the GPN, the Bureau for Policy and Programme Support (BPPS) has the responsibility for developing all relevant policy and guidance to support the results of UNDP's Strategic Plan and provides cutting edge policy advisory to Government and other partners, including on innovation.
UNDP/ GPN is looking for a qualified Innovation and Design Specialist to provide support to the following:
- Horizon scanning of the emerging trends with potential implications for development and around the specific issues that COs are exploring with or have a need for;
- Explore new methods and identify partners who are testing new ways of engaging with complex policy problems and dealing with uncertainty;
- Distilling emerging signals into new learning via R&D sessions, workshops, trainings, webinars, interviews & discussions with the intention to enable acceleration of learning across the network of partners and Cos;
- Translating new learning into potential new policy advisory and/or new program development with and for COs, thinking through methods to rapidly understand what works and what doesn’t;
- Help meet innovation related requests for support from Country Offices.
Please access the following link to apply and for further information: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=92699
The deadline to submit an application is 27-Jul-2020 COB New York Time.
Should you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 20 July 2020.
Looking forward to receiving your application.