|Overview : |
1. The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), an international development agency, invites
sealed bids for the supply of :
LOT 1 Medical Equipment, installation, training of users and aftersales services
LOT 2 Medical furniture
LOT 3 Obstetric and Surgical Instruments
LOT 4 Glucometer
LOT 5 Medical compressor and Medical console, installation and aftersales services
for its programme in Nukus, Uzbekistan.
2. Bidding shall be conducted through ONE envelope. The technical bid containing the technical
specifications and the financial bid containing price information shall be submitted together.
3. The Bidder shall not be required to quote for all items. However, Bidders are encouraged to
quote for all items within the given LOT .
4. To enable you to submit a bid, please read the following attached documents carefully:
Section I: Instructions to Bidders
Section II: Technical Specifications and Schedule of Requirements
Section III: UNFPA General Conditions of Contract
Section IV: UNFPA Special Conditions for Contracts
Section V: Bidding Forms
5. The bid shall reach UNFPA’s reception or the email inbox of email@example.com no later than
[6 August, 2020], at 18:00 Uzbekistan time 1.
6. The bid shall be opened on [7 August, 2020], at 10 am at 14, Mahmud Tarobiy Str., Tashkent,
Uzbekistan. Bidders or their authorized representatives may attend the bid opening. Kindly
confirm by e-mail by [31 July, 2020], whether your company shall be represented at the bid
7. Bids received after the stipulated date and time shall not be accepted under any circumstances.
Bids delivered through courier and posted later than the due date shall not be registered and
shall be returned unopened or shall be shredded. Bids submitted to any other email address
than firstname.lastname@example.org shall be rejected.
8. Bidders shall acknowledge receipt of this Invitation to Bid according to the Bid Confirmation
Form, Section V, 1 of this solicitation document by email to Mr. Umid Ermanov, Admin
Finance Associate at email@example.com no later than [31 July,2020] and to indicate whether
or not a bid shall be submitted. The acknowledgement shall provide company name, telephone
number, fax number and the name of a contact person. If you are declining to bid, please
confirm this via e-mail to UNFPA and please state the reasons for UNFPA to improve its
effectiveness in future invitations.
9. Any questions relating to the attached documents shall be addressed in writing to the following
UNFPA personnel no later than [27 July,2020] at 18:00, Uzbekistan time.
[Umid Ermanov, Administrative and Finance Associate] email: [firstname.lastname@example.org]
for questions relating to the bidding exercise.
Do not submit your bid to this contact, or your bid will be disqualified.
10. This letter is not to be construed in any way as an offer to contract with your firm.
11. UNFPA strongly encourages all Bidders to register on the United Nations Global Marketplace
(http://www.ungm.org). The UNGM is the procurement portal of the United Nations system.
By registering on UNGM, vendors become part of the database that UN buyers use when
searching for suppliers. Vendors can also access all UN tenders online and, by subscribing to
the Bid Tender Service, vendors can be automatically notified via e-mail of all UN business
opportunities that match the products and services for which they have registered. Instructions
on how to subscribe to the Tender Alert Service can be found in the UNGM Interactive Guide
UNFPA Representative in Uzbekistan