|Overview : |
Project ID - 00122370 Award ID - 00128350 - PPG GEF7 - Prioritizing BD Conservation and Nature Based Solutions as pillars of Seychelles Blue Economy
International Consultant as PPG Team Leader / Project Development Specialist for the development of the GEF7 PPG - Seychelles
The Project Objective is to conserve Seychelles’ globally significant biodiversity through effective management of Seychelles’ expanded Marine Protected Areas system and promotion of nature-based solutions as pillars of the Blue Economy. It is structured around four components, as follows:
- Component 1 – Strengthening political and institutional framework for effective implementation of Seychelles’ Marine Spatial Plan (MSP):
- Component 2 – Expanding and strengthening management effectiveness of Seychelles’ MPA system
- Component 3 - Investing in innovative nature-based solutions to development
- Component 4 – Effective gender mainstreaming, knowledge management and M&E
Scope of Work
The International Project Development Specialist, with a focus on Coastal and Marine Natural Resource Management, will be the PPG Team Leader, responsible for quality assurance and timely preparation of all reports and documentation, including the finalised UNDP Project Document (ProDoc) and GEF CEO Endorsement Request, with all mandatory and project-specific Annexes and supporting documentation, including the Final Validation Workshop Report. They will be responsible for managing all consultants on the PPG Team and coordinating the Team’s work, working closely with the National PPG Co-ordination and Stakeholder Engagement Specialist. They will maintain a close liaison with the Working Group that will oversee the PPG phase.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it is expected that this PPG process will be carried out remotely, to the greatest extent possible. No travel to the country is envisaged at this point. The PPG Team Leader will therefore have to ensure that they have the ability and capacity to carry out all PPG activities remotely, using all means available, e.g., phone and IT technology. Should the circumstances change, the PPG Team Leader will consult with the RTA and UNDP CO on how best to adjust the workplan.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities (see TOR for details)
- Management of the GEF PPG Team
- Preparatory Technical Studies and Reviews (Component A)
- Formulation of the ProDoc, CEO Endorsement Request and Mandatory and Project Specific Annexes (Component B)
- Validation Workshop (Component C)
- Final Deliverables
- Submission of Work Plan and Inception Report jointly with PPG Team
- Facilitate the PPG Inception Workshop and Report
- Produce Draft Prodoc by collating submissions by PPG team into the relevant chapters
- Facilitate Validation Workshop and finalize report
- Submission of all documents as listed in Final Deliverables
- Approval and submission of Final Prodoc to GEF Secretariat
The duration of the contract will be for a period of 12 months from August 2020 until July 2021. An estimated total of 75 working days is expected with the workload being significant in the first quarter of 2021.
Home based (Unless travel restrictions are lifted)
Some travel may be required subject to local/ international guidelines.
Submission of Application
Applications should be sent through email : email@example.com on or before Monday 03 August 2020 - 16:00 hours Seychelles time (GMT+4)
Annex A - Letter of confirmation of interest and availability and Submission of financial proposal
Annex B - Model Contact IC
Annex C - UNDP GCC IC
Annex D - P11
Terms of Reference
Please submit only Annex A and Annex D mandatorily.