|Overview : |
Description of the assignment: Prepare and execute an stakeholder engagement plan for updating the NDC. Draft reports of meetings
and analyse the information collected from stakeholders by the project. Draft the Updated NDC with the support of technical experts and the NDC updating team.
Project name: Delivering Climate Promise in Sao Tome and Principe
Period of assignment/services: 7 months
Proposal should be submitted by email to BidsSTP@undp.org no later than August 31, 2020
Any request for clarification must be sent to the address or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
SCOPE OF WORK, RESPONSIBILITIES AND DESCRIPTION OF THE PROPOSED ANALYTICAL WORK
The role of the NDC updating lead consultant is to map and engage the stakeholders needed for updating the NDC, provide reports from the meetings, analyse the information and draft the udpdated NDC in cooperation with the NDC updating team and with the support of technical experts. The NDC updating lead consultant is to work in close cooperation with the NDC in-country facilitator, the Delivering Climate Promise project manager and the UNDP Focal Point for STP NDC. Responsibilities include:
1. Support the implementation of the NDC Engagement Strategy, which guides the NDC update, through the engagement of the different high level decision makers in the country, such as the Presidency, the Parliament, the Prime Minister, the line Ministries, political parties, National Climate Change Committee and the international partners, ensuring coordination and alignment of activities;
2. Support the implementation of the NDC Engagement Strategy through the engagement of civil society organizations, communities, people groups, ministries’ technicians, private sector agents who are or will be related to the NDC update process.
3. Actively support the whole-of-society approach and help the project Communication experts in mobilizing the santomean society.
4. Periodically update the implementation status of the various actions of NDC Engagement Strategy and identify gaps, strategies, and actions necessary to advance;
5. Ensure information sharing and periodic exchange with all implementing partners involved in NDC-related activities in the country;
6. Support the member government in organizing Workshops engaging all relevant stakeholders in-country, including development partners that are not NDC Partnership members.
7. Collaborate with the NDC Partnership Support Unit and UNDP “Delivering Climate Promise” Project Management Unit in STP to document changes in political context and provide support to government and stakeholders in NDC decision-making processes;
8. Track the progress of in-country engagement and provide periodic progress updates to the NDC development and communication strategy;
9. Provide the UNDP with information relevant to the implementation of STP’s NDCs to be shared with national and international stakeholders;