|Overview : |
UNDP is looking for a Forest Monitoring and GIS Specialist (National consultant).
The objective of the GEF PPG is to develop the project concept into a full project: Sustainable Forest and Forest Land Management in Viet Nam’s Ba River basin landscape. The project’s aim is to conserve forest biodiversity and maintain or improve the flow of ecosystem services through sustainable forest management embedded in a coordinated landscape-level approach across Ba River basin.
The Forest Monitoring and GIS Specialist will support the development of project interventions to strengthen forest and biodiversity monitoring, complete forest carbon assessments, and provide GIS analysis and mapping in the project landscape of Ba River Basin to support the development of the UNDP Project Document (ProDoc). Under this working arrangement, the national consultant is expected to support the international consultant the tasks, not limited to follows:
- Preparatory Technical Studies and Reviews (Component A)
- Contributions to the Formulation of the ProDoc, CEO Endorsement Request and Mandatory and Project Specific Annexes (Component B)
- Validation Workshop (Component C)
2. Final Deliverables:
- A report summarizing the baseline analysis for forest resource and biodiversity monitoring as described above, with recommended project interventions with budget, ToR and timelines for the implementation of Output 1.3;
- Detailed high-quality project site maps for the ProDoc, along with geodatabase and GIS shapefiles;
- Core Indicator at Baseline estimates for Core Indicator 6.1 Carbon Sequestered or GHG Emissions Avoided calculated using FAO EXACT along with documentation of the assessment parameters and assumptions; and
- Appropriate inputs provided to the Final Project Document and Annexes, as agreed with the PPG Team Leader.
The selection will be on a competitive basis and will comply with UNDP procurement regulations.
Interested offerors are invited to submit Letter of Interest and Availability, CVs, financial proposals and 2 sample reports in English following guidance in the Procurement Notice to:
UNDP Viet Nam
304 Kim Ma, Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Direct: (+84 24) 38500283
with notification by email (without attachment) to: firstname.lastname@example.org that the bidder has submitted proposal.
UNDP will not be responsible for the missing of proposal if the bidder does not send notification email to above address.
Deadline for submission: 23.59hrs., 22 September 2020 (Ha Noi time).
We look forward to receiving your proposal by the above deadline.