|Overview : |
UNDP is looking for a National Communities, Gender and Livelihood Specialist.
The objective of the GEF PPG is to develop the project concept into a full project: Sustainable Forest and Forest Land Management in Viet Nam’s Ba River basin landscape. The project’s aim is to conserve forest biodiversity and maintain or improve the flow of ecosystem services through sustainable forest management embedded in a coordinated landscape-level approach across Ba River basin.
The National Communities, Gender and Livelihood Specialist will be responsible for leading community stakeholder consultations, completing a gender analysis, and developing project interventions to support gender mainstreaming and the enhancement of community livelihoods to support sustainable forest management and biodiversity conservation in Ba River Basin. The consultant will ensure that gender and stakeholder participation considerations are fully mainstreamed into all relevant components of the project document as well as produce a participatory gender analysis and Action Plan for the project. The objective of the work is to explain how the project will contribute to gender equality and women’s empowerment, identify entry points for mainstreaming gender considerations into project components, ensure that the project results framework and theory of change are gender responsive and develop a gender action plan to advance women’s empowerment and promote gender equality.
Under this working arrangement, the national consultant is expected to support the international consultant the tasks, not limited to follows:
- Preparatory Technical Studies and Reviews (Component A):
- Formulation of the ProDoc, CEO Endorsement Request and Mandatory and Project Specific Annexes (Component B)
- Validation Workshop (Component C)
- Comprehensive Stakeholder Engagement Plan;
- Gender Analysis and Gender Action Plan with budget;
- A report summarizing the baseline analysis for community engagement and livelihoods as described above, with recommended project interventions with budget, ToR and timelines for the implementation of Outputs 2.4 and 2.5, including suggested livelihood models such as forest income generation models in protected areas;
- Validated Results Framework (including GEF Core Indicator) baseline values, targets, methodology and assumptions for beneficiaries and livelihoods improvement targets;
- Appropriately detailed documentation of PPG stakeholder consultations including the list of participants, with inputs from other national consultants; and
- Appropriate inputs provided to the Final Project Document and Annexes, including SESP, as agreed with the PPG Team Leader.
The selection will be on a competitive basis and will comply with UNDP procurement regulations.
Interested offerors are invited to submit Letter of Interest and Availability, CVs, financial proposals and 2 sample reports in English following guidance in the Procurement Notice to:
UNDP Viet Nam
304 Kim Ma, Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Direct: (+84 24) 38500283
with notification by email (without attachment) to: firstname.lastname@example.org that the bidder has submitted proposal.
UNDP will not be responsible for the missing of proposal if the bidder does not send notification email to above address.
Deadline for submission: 23.59hrs., 07 October 2020 (Ha Noi time).
We look forward to receiving your proposal by the above deadline.