|Overview : |
Under the supervision of the Regional Technical Advisor for Local Development Finance Practice, the Communications Specialist will work on the following areas of intervention:
1: Conceptualize and execute local community engagement strategies around the Blue Peace Freetown initiative
2: Lead the development and implementation of creative communication strategy to communicate on the Blue Peace Freetown initiative
3: Design relevant media, communication and engagement materials to support communication on Blue Peace Freetown initiative
Expected Outputs include:
- Communication targets have a good understanding and visibility on actions and benefits of the Blue Peace Freetown initiative;
- Support provided to the UNCDF-FCC team on communication related matters such as press releases, news stories and blogs;
- Provide leadership and strategic vision to activities promoting community engagement in municipal governance.
- Strengthen capacity of local officials to engage with citizens, include them in participatory planning processes, and incorporate their priorities into planning documents.
- Facilitate citizen participation in collaborative decision making, management, and monitoring related to municipal service delivery.
- Promote productive interactions between communities, civil society, and municipality that facilitate upward flow of information on community needs and priorities.
- Contribute to work plans, donor reports, success stories, and other deliverables.
- The successful implementation of various communication activities;
- The successful organization of key events around the Blue Peace Freetown initiative;
- The enhancement of the visibility and positioning of UNCDF WCA as the leading agency on local development finance matters
For further details, please access: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=94046