|Overview : |
1. Develop an inception report including a stakeholder engagement plan and a detailed work plan for the implementation of all assigned tasks as per the approved Climate Promise Work Plan and gain agreement from the National Climate Change Committee, the National Working Group for the Preparation of Guyana’s Second NDC, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Finance and the lead technical agency (Office of Climate Change)
Review, align and update existing targets, policies and measures. Specific activities include:
2. Develop a final report on the stock-taking of the country’s current progress on the existing NDC and provide recommendations to be considered for the second NDC.
3. Review existing and/or new relevant policies, strategies, targets, plans and assessments to guide the creation of commitments in the NDC guided by Guyana's draft Third National Communication, draft National Climate Change Policy and Action plan, sector policies and plans recently completed or in the pipeline and other relevant draft or final national documents ). More specifically, this would require:
• The review of the national and sectoral policy documents,
• Alignment of NDC targets/priorities to long-term policies/strategies, sub-national plans and budgets, and/or sectoral plans (Recently completed or in the pipeline)
• The identification of possible actions that can be incorporated into the NDC is based on the findings.
4. Update targets in the current NDC utilizing recently completed studies and assessments with the most robust data, information and/or modelling.
• The review, update and development of elements of the NDC to identify and/or seize opportunities for enhanced ambition, including national and sectoral benchmarks for meeting the relevant national targets to be achieved by 2030: national emission projections and sectoral trends, including those for clean technology; current economic and development trends and other key assumptions; and baseline and scenarios based on the inputs provided by the team of national experts, and confirm all with the national technical working group and the Office of Climate Change; provision of suggestions on how to link this work to green and more resilient recovery efforts in the context of COVID 19;
Incorporate new sectors and/or greenhouse gases. Specific activities include
5. Develop medium-term targets and supporting framework for implementation for the transport sector.
• This will include utilizing the outputs from the Third National Communication and where applicable and available models to establish the baseline, identify, define, and set medium-to-long term mitigation targets for the transport sector
6. Develop medium-term targets and supporting framework for implementation for the Agriculture sector.
• This will include utilizing the Third National Communication, where available and applicable the models for establishing the baseline, identify, define, and set medium-to-long term mitigation targets for the agricultural sector. This process will also provide information on mitigation/adaptation co-benefits for the sector