|Overview : |
The objective of Egypt-PV is to remove the barriers to increased power generation by small, decentralized, grid-connected PV systems. The project strategy builds on the planned Government initiatives to develop a market for small, decentralized renewable energy power generation by ensuring adequate returns on targeted private sector investments.
The project will catalyze the development of decentralized, grid-connected small-scale renewable energy (RE) power generation market in Egypt and the solar PV in particular. The target is to facilitate the installation of new decentralized PV resulting in direct GHG reduction benefits of 66 kilo-tones of CO2eq during the lifetime of the project. Complementary indirect mitigation benefits are expected from the sustained market growth of the PV market after the project with estimated GHG reduction of about 0.6-0.7 million tons of CO2eq.
The project is funded by the Global Environment Facility (GEF) and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) acts as the GEF Implementing Agency. The project is executed by Industrial Modernization Centre (IMC) of the Ministry of Industry and Foreign Trade, which will assume the overall responsibility for the achievement of project results as UNDP’s Implementing Partner (IP).
Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy plan in the New Capital:
New administrative capital city is located 35 KM east of Cairo of a total area of 170,000 feddans which lies between the regional ring road, the Cairo-Suez road and Cairo-El Ain El Sokhna road. The new Administrative Capital for Urban Development is planning to implement an energy efficiency and renewable energy plan. One of the actions of this plan is to implement BIPV system for the buildings in the city.
2. SCOPE OF WORK, RESPONSIBILITIES AND DESCRIPTION OF THE PROPOSED ANALYTICAL WORK
Objective of this Consultancy:
The objective of this consultancy is to deliver a package of consultancy services that aim to guide selection of suitable BIPV technologies for the New Administrative Capital and to support implementation of a pilot project for one of the selected applications:
Scope of work :
- Conduct a site visit for the new administrative capital in Egypt particularly potential new buildings for implementing BIPV systems (if travel is possible).
- Inform about latest appropriate solar BIPV technologies, best practices and lessons learnt from BIPV system applications that could be appropriate for the new administrative capital. including, but not limited to, PV skylight, PV curtain wall, PV canopies, PV façade and PV floor taking into consideration the climate and desert nature in Egypt in terms of dust, sandy storms, isolated installations, difficulty in maintenance, very high temperatures and possible tough operation conditions, etc.
- Prepare a cost estimate for all the proposed applications and systems based on similar systems in other countries.
- Prepare technical guideline and design criteria for the proposed applications.
- Prepare financial guideline demonstrating all aspects to be considered in the financial and profitability analysis of BIPV applications,
- Prepare a conceptual design for one selected pilot with different BIPV applications and technologies.
- Guidelines and design criteria for the proposed BIPV applications to be integrated into the urban planning and design of infrastructure of the city.
- Cost estimate for each of the proposed BIPV applications
- A conceptual design for the selected pilot with different applications and technologies.
- Technical specifications for the selected applications and bidder’s evaluation criteria for turnkey design and implementation of the selected pilot which will be in coordination with the Administrative Capital for Urban Development.
Estimated No. of Working Days:
The estimated number of working days are 10 working days days including 7 days office work, in addition to one visit to Cairo for 3 working days (if travel is possible).
3. REQUIREMENTS FOR EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
I. Academic Qualifications:
Advanced degree in Engineering or related field to renewable energy or/and science-based background.
II. Years of experience:
At least 10 years of relevant experiences in the field of PV systems (small, medium and large capacities)
- Involvement in the design and implementation of at least one project in BIPV application.
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- Previous work experience in developing countries is a must.
- Proven experience in design and implementation of similar types of projects.
- Previous working experience with GEF or UNDP projects is a credit.
- Fluent English and/or Arabic languages writing and speaking
Job Knowledge & Expertise:
Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle effectively multiple tasks without compromising quality, team spirit and positive working
Relationships with all colleagues;
Dependability, reliability and initiative;
Previous working experience with GEF or UNDP projects is a credit.
Fluent English and/or Arabic languages writing and speaking
Is motivated & demonstrates a capacity to pursue personal development & learning.
Plans and produces quality results to meet established goals.
Sets clear performance goals and standards; executes responsibilities accordingly.
Partnering & Networking:
Seeks and applies knowledge, information, and best practices from within and outside UN.
Innovation & Judgment:
Contributes creative, practical ideas and approaches to deal with challenging situations;
Pursues own personal and professional development;
Proficiency in English or Arabic Languages are essential.
4. DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED WHEN SUBMITTING THE PROPOSALS.
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications: subject of email: “Egypt-PV_ BIPV applications New Capital Consultancy”
Email: procurementnotice egypt email@example.com
- Explaining why they are the most suitable for the work
- Provide a brief methodology on how they will approach and conduct the work (if applicable)
- Financial proposal
- Personal CV and Personal History Form (P11 form ) including past experience in similar projects and at least 3 references