|Overview : |
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Type of Contract
Temporary ICT Support (2 Positions)
Duration of Initial Contract:
10 Months (217 days)
November 2020 - August 2021
Consultancy Proposal (CV & Financial proposal Template) should be uploaded on UNDP Jobshop website(https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_jobs.cfm?cur_rgn_id_c=RAS) no later than 30th October 2020 (Fiji Time) clearly stating the title of consultancy applied for. Any proposals received after this date/time will not be accepted. Any request for clarification must be sent in writing, or by standard electronic communication to email@example.com. UNDP will respond in writing or by standard electronic mail and will send written copies of the response, including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry, to all consultants. Incomplete, late and joint proposals will not be considered and only offers for which there is further interest will be contacted. Failure to submit your application as stated as per the application submission guide (Procurement Notice) on the above link will be considered incomplete and therefore application will not be considered.
- Daily rate to be inclusive of Medical insurance cost for the duration of the contract
- Selected Candidate will be required to submit a proof of medical insurance prior to issuance of contract
- If the selected/successful Candidate is over 65 years of age and required to travel outside his home country; He/She will be required provide a full medical report at their expense prior to issuance to contract. Contract will only be issued when Proposed candidate is deemed medically fit to undertake the assignment.
The UNDP Pacific Office in Fiji is currently seeking ICT Support Assistant to assist with the daily ICT support to the office and renovation move.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Scope of Work
The IC is expected to provide daily ICT Support to the UNDP Pacific Office in Fiji on existing Levels 1,2, 4, 7 and 8 of the premises and expected move to Level 2 of Kadavu House. The IC will also provide ICT support to the UNRCO as well. Daily ICT support will be in areas such as general issues, LAN issues, Network/Shared Drive connectivity, Printer connectivity, Outlook email, Microsoft Office products, OneDrive for Business, Zoom meetings, Microsoft Teams meetings, Laptop and peripherals hardware troubleshooting, setup and provide support to workshop events.
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
- Setup new laptops for UNDP
- Reformat existing laptops
3. Daily Support to RCO Unit
4. Support to workshop at venues
5. Assist in uploading documents to Sharepoint
6. Migration of Shared Drive to Sharepoint
7. As required :
• UNDP office setup on Level 2
• Expansion of RCO to IG area
- The IC will report to the HR Team Leader under the guidance of the ICT Associate who will oversee and supervise the functions
- The reporting period will be on a daily basis as required
Duration of the Work
- The contract will commence on 1 November 2020 and will be for 10 months ending on 31 August 2021
- The primary work location will be the UNDP Pacific Office in Suva, Fiji
- On need basis, the ICT support assistant may be deployed at workshop venues to assist in pre-setup on workshop venue equipment’s.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong analytical, reporting and writing abilities skills;
- Openness to change and ability to receive/integrate feedback;
- Ability to plan, organize, implement and report on work;
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Comprehensiveness knowledge of Windows Operating System;
- Proficiency in the use of office IT applications and internet in conducting research; • Outstanding communication, project management and organizational skills;
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards;
- Positive, constructive attitude to work;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Diploma in Information Technology
- Microsoft Certifications and Cisco Certifications will be added advantage
- 5 Years of minimum experience in an ICT based role
- Experience Installation, troubleshoot and knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience Installation, troubleshoot and knowledge of Windows Operating System
- Knowledge of LAN, Network Devices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Sharepoint
- Knowledge and use of Logitech and Jabra equipment
- Knowledge of iOS and Android devices
- Knowledge and use of Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Polycom Real Presence
- Knowledge and experience in HP and Konica Minolta Printers/Photocopiers
- Fluency of English language is required;
Price Proposal and Schedule of Payments
- Names/Contacts of 3 referees
- Confirmation of Interest and Availability form
Daily Consultancy Fee - The IC shall quote an all-inclusive daily fee for this consultancy work. The term “all-inclusive” implies that all costs (professional fees and Medical insurance cost) that could be incurred by the IC in completing the assignment are already factored into the daily fee submitted in the proposal. If applicable, travel or daily allowance cost (if any work is to be done outside the IC’s duty station) should be identified separately.
Payments shall be done monthly and based on actual days worked, and upon verification of completion of deliverables and approval by the IC’s supervisor of a time sheet indicating the days worked in the period.
Evaluation Method and Criteria
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the Cumulative analysis
The award of the contract shall be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as a) responsive/compliant/acceptable; and b) having received the highest score out of set of weighted technical criteria (70%). and financial criteria (30%). Financial score shall be computed as a ratio of the proposal being evaluated and the lowest priced proposal received by UNDP for the assignment.
Technical Criteria for Evaluation (Maximum 70 points)
- Minimum Diploma in Information Technology ( 10%)
Experience & skills
- 5 Years of minimum experience in an ICT based role (15%)
- Experience working in similar Organisation (10%)
- Experience and knowledge in Installation, troubleshoot and knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, knowledge of Windows Operating System and , Network Devices( 10%)
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint ,use of Logitech and Jabra equipment ( 10%)
- Knowledge of iOS and Android devices ( 5%)
- Knowledge and use of Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Polycom Real Presence ( 5%)
- Knowledge and experience in HP and Konica Minolta Printers/Photocopiers ( 5%)
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points (70% of the total technical points) would be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
Shortlisted candidates shall be called for an interview which will be used to confirm and/or adjust the technical scores awarded based on documentation submitted.
First 2 ranked candidates will be selected for the positions subject to UNDP conditions
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents;
- CV including names/contacts of at least 3 referees.
- A cover letter indicating why the candidate considers himself/herself suitable for the required consultancy;
- Completed template for confirmation of Interest and Submission of Financial Proposal.
Note: Successful individual will be required to provide proof of medical insurance coverage before commencement of contract for the duration of the assignment.
Incomplete and joint proposals may not be considered. Consultants with whom there is further interest will be contacted.
Individuals applying for this consultancy will be reviewed based on their own individual capacity. The successful individual may sign an Individual Contract with UNDP or request his/her employer to sign a Reimbursable Loan Agreement (RLA) on their behalf by indicating this in the Offerors letter to Confirming Interest and Availability.
Consultant must send a financial proposal based on a Lump Sum Amount. The total amount quoted shall be all-inclusive and include all costs components required to perform the deliverables identified in the TOR, including professional fee(Daily fees to include IC’s medical insurance costs), travel costs, living allowance (if any work is to be done outside the IC´s duty station) and any other applicable cost to be incurred by the IC in completing the assignment. The contract price will be fixed output-based price regardless of extension of the herein specified duration. Payments will be done upon completion of the deliverables/outputs.
In general, UNDP shall not accept travel costs exceeding those of an economy class ticket. Should the IC wish to travel on a higher class he/she should do so using their own resources
In the event of unforeseeable travel not anticipated in this TOR, payment of travel costs including tickets, lodging and terminal expenses should be agreed upon, between the respective business unit and the Individual Consultant, prior to travel and will be reimbursed.
For any clarification regarding this assignment please write to firstname.lastname@example.org