CONSULTANCY: Social Media Consultant
Post Level: National/International Consultancy
Type of Consultancy: Individual Consultancy
Deadline: 15 January 2021
Expected start date: February 2021
Period of assignment/services: 9 Months
The Amplifying Youth Voice & Action to address Citizen Security & Safety Project aims to strengthen the mechanisms which ensure youth participation in decision and policymaking through the development of an incubator for youth-led organizations. This incubator’s success is hinged on partnerships and targeted capacity strengthening delivered through a coalition of diverse stakeholders from the Government, International Development community, Civil Society, Academia and the Private Sector. The incubator will be a capacity- building initiative to boost the competency of the participants in implementing youth-led citizen safety & security interventions. The youth-led organizations will also be given grants to implement community level micro-projects.
The project’s result will be achieved through two key outputs:
· Output 1: Mechanisms strengthened to enable youth participation in decision making and actions to address Citizen Security & Safety
· Output 2: Youth empowered to implement innovative & sustainable solutions for Citizen Safety & Security
One of the key strategies of the Project is to engage youth through social media. As such, UNDP is seeking to engage a consultant to conceptualize and develop approved content related to the project to be published via social media channels. The consultant’s work will contribute to increased visibility, audience engagement and knowledge management.
Scope of Work:
In consultation with the UNDP Jamaica Multi-Country Office and the Project Team, the consultant will be expected to undertake the following tasks:
· Create and streamline approved project related content for several platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
· Liaise and work with the youth-led organizations to produce visuals, infographics and other content for use in social media posts.
· Work with UNDP and the Project Team to develop and maintain regular content review to ensure a consistent and coherent approach to digital content and engagement based on project activities.
· Identify and apply new digital tools and best practices to deepen engagement with targeted audience;
· Actively engage with online audiences through social media channels;
· Collaborate and get approval from the UNDP Jamaica Communication Analyst for the social media calendar and content plan inclusive of content themes and all upcoming coverage schedules in accordance with the Project’s implementation schedule;
For the detailed terms of reference (TOR) please visit our website at https://www.jm.undp.org/content/jamaica/en/home/procurement.html
Visit our website: https://www.jm.undp.org/content/jamaica/en/home/procurement.html
for the TOR and follow the instructions for submission.
Please e-mail your submission using the following:
Attention:- Operations Unit, 1-3 Lady Musgrave Road, Kingston 5 Jamaica via e-mail to: email@example.com with subject line “Amplifying Youth Project – Social Media Consultancy”