CONSULTANCY: Engagement of CSO/NGO for Amplifying Youth Project
Post Level: National/International Consultancy
Type of Consultancy: Engagement of CSO/NGO
Deadline: 18 January 2021
Expected start date: February 2021
Period of assignment/services: Nine (9) months
The Amplifying Youth Voice & Action to address Citizen Security & Safety Project aims to strengthen the mechanisms which ensure youth participation in decision and policymaking through the development of an incubator for youth-led organizations. This incubator’s success is hinged on partnerships and targeted capacity strengthening delivered through a coalition of diverse stakeholders from the Government, International Development community, Civil Society, Academia and the Private Sector. The incubator will be a capacity-building initiative to boost the competency of the participants in implementing youth-led citizen safety & security interventions. The youth-led organizations will also be given grants to implement community level micro-projects.
The project’s result will be achieved through two key outputs:
- Output 1: Mechanisms strengthened to enable youth participation in decision making and actions to address Citizen Security & Safety
- Output 2: Youth empowered to implement innovative & sustainable solutions for Citizen Safety & Security
One of the key strategies of the Project is to provide select youth groups with funding. As such, UNDP is seeking to partner with an establish Non-Governmental Organisation to provide on-granting and technical assistance towards the achievement of Output 2. Specifically, the NGO will manage the disburse funds on behalf of UNDP to the financing of the youth-led microprojects and provide technical support for the implementation of each micro-project and mentorship services to the youth-led organizations.
Scope of Works:
The selected NGO will be expected to execute the following tasks:
- Lead and manage the on-granting component of the AYVA project:
- Ensure the disbursement and management of ten grants valued at US$10,000 each to the selected youth-led organisations to facilitate implementation of the micro-projects;
- Provide technical and quality assurance oversight for the ten youth-led micro-projects;
- Support the youth-led organisations, as necessary, in establishing a presence and relationship in the selected community to reduce potential implementation barriers;
- Provide mentorship and allocate the relevant needed skilled personnel to support the youth-led micro projects.
- Support the Technical Working group by participating in any consultations necessary to enable the successful implementation of the project including the selection of the ten youth-led organisations;
- As part of the TWG and Incubator coalition, provide technical inputs to the development and implementation of the incubator curriculum;
- Produce monitoring reports as indicated in the UNDP Responsible Party Agreement.
- Establish partnerships with stakeholders in respective communities within which the micro-projects are being implemented.
For the detailed terms of reference (TOR) please visit our website at https://www.jm.undp.org/content/jamaica/en/home/procurement.html
Visit our website: https://www.jm.undp.org/content/jamaica/en/home/procurement.html
for the TOR and follow the instructions for submission.
Please e-mail your submission using the following:
Attention:- Operations Unit, 1-3 Lady Musgrave Road, Kingston 5 Jamaica via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Engaging CSO – Amplifying Youth Project”