|Overview : |
INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT PROCUREMENT NOTICE
Country: Tunis, Tunisia
Description of the assignment: Conflict Prevention Advisor
Project name: Local Elections Project (LEP).
Type of Appointment: Individual Consultant (International)
Duty Station: Tripoli, Libya
Period of assignment: 3 months (65 workdays), with possibility of extension.
Number of Position(s): One (01)
Proposal should be submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 31 December2021, 15.00 hours Tunis, Tunisia time ref. www.greenwichmeantime.com.
Any request for clarification must be sent in writing, or by standard electronic communication to the address or e-mail indicated above. UNDP Libya Procurement Unit will respond in writing or by standard electronic mail and will send written copies of the response, including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry, to all consultants who express their interest.
SCOPE OF WORK, RESPONSIBILITIES AND DESCRIPTION OF THE PROPOSED ANALYTICAL WORK
The incumbent will contribute to UNDP’s local elections support to Libya by advising and assisting the CCMCE through the CTA by applying a conflict sensitive approach in its election preparations to prepare the ground for peaceful and inclusive electoral processes. The incumbent will work closely with the Municipal Council Support team of the project to assist newly elected councils in the post-electoral environment for addressing tensions / potential conflicts in the municipalities.
For detailed information and the deliverables, please refer to Annex 1
REQUIREMENTS FOR EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
I. Academic Qualifications:
• Master’s degree (minimum 7 years of relevant experience) or Bachelors’ Degree (10 years of relevant experience); Political/International Relations/Social Science/Law related education field.
II. Years of experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in the area of conflict prevention & management including in relation to Libya’s political & security situation is required;
- Previous work experience with diverse Libyan stakeholders including civil society organizations, as well as government counterparts in Libya is a requirement;
- The appointee must be customer focused and highly motivated with good time management and interpersonal skills. She/he must have excellent communication and organization skills and with a high level of accuracy and reliability. S/he must have a well-established methodology for addressing local, domestic issues & problems. Five years of experience in conflict prevention and management including in Libya is the preferred profile. Candidates with fewer years of experience will have to demonstrate a strong academic background and strong interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English is required;
DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED WHEN SUBMITTING THE PROPOSALS.
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
(i) Explaining why they are the most suitable for the work
2. Financial proposal
3. Personal CV/P11 including experience in similar projects and at least 3 references
Applications without i) financial offer and ii) CV/P11 will NOT be considered for evaluation;
Financial proposal should be on provided format (i.e. Annex 3- OFFEROR’S LETTER TO UNDP);
Incomplete proposals will not be considered.
Contracts based on daily fee;
Financial Proposal should indicate the all-inclusive daily fee, supported by a breakdown of costs, as per template provided. The term “All inclusive” implies that all costs (professional fees, transportation costs, living allowances, communications, consumables, etc.) that could possibly be incurred by the Contractor are already factored into the final amounts submitted in the proposal.