|National Consultant: Systems and Training Specialist for the Implementation of DevLIVE+ in Tuao, Cagayan (Philippine nationals only)|
|Procurement Process :||IC - Individual contractor
|Office :||Philippines - PHILIPPINES |
|Posted on :||01-Mar-21|
|Development Area :||CONSULTANTS |
|Reference Number :||75872|
Link to Atlas Project :|
00125762 - DevLIVE+ for Planning and SDG Monitoring
IC Offerors Letter to UNDP
General Conditions for IC
|Overview : |
National Consultant: Systems and Training Specialist for the Implementation of DevLIVE+ in Tuao, Cagayan (Philippine nationals only)
|Location :||Manila, PHILIPPINES|
|Application Deadline :||17-Mar-21 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Time left :||16d 5h 52m|
|Additional Category :||Sustainable Development and Poverty Reduction|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||National Consultant|
|Languages Required :||English |
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||75 working days spread over 5 months|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||75 working days spread over 5 months|
Systems and Training Specialist for the Implementation of DevLIVE+ in Tuao, Cagayan
Recovery and Resilience Building in the Philippines Project
B. Project Description
Typhoon Vamco (Ulysses) wreaked havoc across Luzon on 11-12 November 2020 with more than three million people from 5,594 barangays in eight regions affected, with 283,656 people seeking refuge in 2,205 evacuation centers while 158,926 people are in a home-based setting. The already swollen Cagayan River in northern Luzon rose quickly, inundating low-lying communities when authorities released water from Magat Dam, one of the largest in the country, to prevent the dam from reaching its critical spilling level. At least 1.1 million people were affected by the flooding in the two provinces of Isabela and Cagayan including Tuguegarao City, which local authorities said were the worst in the region in four decades.
Through the assistance that UNDP CO received from Crisis Bureau, the UNDP CO immediately deployed Climate Action Staff to do initial assessments and connect with the Province of Cagayan. It was agreed then with the Province of Cagayan the following support to be provided by UNDP: i) the conduct of recovery planning activities ii) the formulation of a long-term rehabilitation plan of government, iii) identification of specific entry points for support to livelihood and resource mobilization and iv) demonstrate the use of the DevLIVE+ platform.
Originally designed to assess risks and exposure of households to natural hazards, the DevLIVE+ was further enhanced and expanded to collect data on non-residential structures i.e. commercial, institutional, and industrial, and agricultural production areas i.e. livestock, poultry, and fishing which are significant information to the exposure database of an LGU. The DevLIVE+ is implemented for a detailed evaluation of potential risks in an automated manner, which would significantly enhance the development of future local plans and programs.
UNDP will be providing technical support on mapping available data solution and databases of the Municipality of Tuao, Cagayan, nominated by the Province of Cagayan as the demonstration site, and recommend enhancements for possible system integration. The assistance will also be extended on demonstrating how the existing information from the LGU’s local database could be visualized using the DevLIVE+ dashboards, upon identification of integration points.
UNDP will also provide technical assistance at key stages of the implementation from data collection, validation to management, through training, mentoring, and coaching. This intensive training design is adopted to instill the processes within the LGUs for future updating of their data, to ensure the sustainability of the system, and to promote common data among departments.
To achieve the aforesaid support to the local government of Tuao, Cagayan, UNDP CO requires the services of a qualified Systems and Training Specialist.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work and Objectives:
As part of the MOU between the UNDP CO and the Municipality of Tuao, Cagayan for DevLIVE+ implementation, the training specialist is an integral entity in the achievement of the Project Objectives. Under the direct supervision of the Team Leader for Climate Action Team and the Project Manager of the Recovery and Resilience Building Project Manager the Consultant shall perform the following:
- Mapping of the available data sets from Tuao, Cagayan for integration to the DevLIVE+ data dashboard
- Conduct scoping of existing local data and databases that can be relevant for planning and programming, in coordination with Tuao LGU and the UNDP Climate Action Team; and
- Collaborate with the UNDP CO DevLIVE+ Training Team on the suggested data or database that can be integrated into the data dashboard.
- Conduct training to target participants on the following activities:
- Data privacy impact assessment;
- Data navigation and analytics using the Qlik data platform of the DevLIVE+ for the local data validators and managers;
- Data cleansing for the local data validators and managers;
- Training of trainers for the UNDP CO
- Conduct pre- and post-skills assessment and post-training reports on lessons learned with recommendations for improvement.
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
Estimated Duration to Complete
Target Due Dates
Review and Approvals Required
Inception Report Including Proposed Workplan
UNDP CO CAP Team Leader
UNDP CO CAP Team Leader
Data privacy impact assessment
UNDP CO CAP Team Leader
Training on analytics and visualization
UNDP CO CAP Team Leader
Training of trainers for the community validation
UNDP CO CAP Team Leader
|TOT for UNDP CO||15 days||May 2021||UNDP CO CAP Team Leader |
|Coaching and mentoring ||20 days||March – June 2021||UNDP CO CAP Team Leader |
The estimated levels of effort, which also includes preparation and actual training, identified above are indicative and may be adjusted based on the situation and needs, but with the prior decision by UNDP. The existing training manuals and modules of the DevLIVE+ will be shared with the Consultant as a guide, which he/she could modify for the actual training.
- For the duration of the contract, the Consultant shall work under the supervision of the Climate Action Team, headed by the Team Leader, ably assisted by the Programme Associate and the RR PIP Project Manager.
- A Project Coordinator hired for Cagayan Recovery shall assist and liaise with the government for the duration of the DevLIVE+ implementation
- Though the Consultant’s outputs and deliverables shall be reviewed, quality-assured, and accepted in consultation with the consortium or its key members, this contract is executed and managed under the operations policies and procedures of UNDP. The Project Manager and the Climate Action Team Leader shall formally accept outputs for the processing of payments.
Duration of Work
- To undertake the tasks and deliver the expected outputs, the consultant shall be engaged for a period of 75 working days spread over 5 months (March – July 2021)
- Effectivity of the engagement will be upon signing of the contract and will be valid until all outputs have been delivered and accepted.
- A period of 5 working days will be the estimated lead time for UNDP to review outputs, give comments, certify approval/acceptance of outputs.
- The duty station is in Manila, Philippines.
- The local consultant, however, will be required to be in Tuao, Cagayan for the face-to-face training as required for this post.
- If local travel will not be permitted due to travel restrictions, the consultant is required to do the work online, including spearheading consultations and meetings and the validation workshop.
- In light of the COVID-19 pandemic and declaration of State of Public Health Emergency in the Philippines, all work and travel of the Individual consultant shall be done within the guidelines and protocols set by the local and national government
- The Consultant will not be required to report to the office regularly but a status report on the outputs shall be expected from time to time.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN mission, vision, values, and ethical standards
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Promotes UNDP’s agenda in meetings
- Ability to work in close collaboration with a group of national and international experts, to meet strict deadlines and plan the work according to priorities;
- Demonstrates capacity to plan, organize, and execute effectively;
- The initiative, good analytical skills, mature judgment, and ability to work under tight schedule while respecting deadlines achievement, ethics, and honesty;
- Ability to establish effective working relations in a diverse environment
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Builds strong relationships with internal and external clients;
- Demonstrated ability to function in a team environment and to deal with a complex multi-stakeholder environment
- Good ability to use information and communication technologies as tools and resources;
- Excellent written communication and presentation/public speaking skills focus on results, ability to interact productively in a teamwork environment
Required Skills and Experience
Qualifications of the Consultant
For the evaluation of the CV, the selection of the successful consultant will be based on the following qualifications. Only those who will obtain a minimum of 70 out of 100 points will be qualified for the financial evaluation.
Points Obtainable (100 points)
At least a University degree in community development, development communication, sociology, psychology, industrial psychology, or closely related fields; preferably with certification in information technology, internet, and web management, or data science.
14 points for a University degree in a relevant field
Additional 3 points for additional degrees
Additional 3 points for relevant certifications
At least eight (8) years of professional experience in the conduct of training on data collection and data visualization; previous experience with the government, UN, or any international non-profit organization would be an advantage
28 points for 8 years experience in conducting training on data collection and visualization
An additional point for an additional year in conducting relevant training
Additional 5 points for previous experience with the government, UN, or international non-profit organization
At least five (5) years of relevant experience on the use of mobile survey applications, preferably in Open Data Kit (ODK) collect
14 points for 5 years experience on mobile survey apps
Additional point per additional year
Additional 5 points for experience in ODK collect
At least five (5) years of relevant experience in the use of business intelligence platform; preferably in QlikSense
14 points for 5 years experience on the use of business intelligence platform
Additional point per additional year
Additional 5 points for experience in QlikSense
Minimum: fluency in spoken and written English.
Include a sample
pass / fail
Scope of Price Proposal and Schedule of Payment
- The Consultant should send the financial proposal based on a lump-sum amount for the delivery of the outputs identified in Section D. The total amount quoted shall include all costs components required to deliver the services identified above, including professional fees (daily fee X number of working days) and any other applicable costs such as Covid test results prior to the fieldwork, training manuals and kits (for 50 participants), communications (internet and mobile communications), transportation (3 round trips to Cagayan), accommodation and other travel-related costs.
- Medical/health insurance must be purchased by the individual at his/her own expense, and upon award of contract, the contractor must be ready to submit proof of insurance valid during the contract duration.
- The contract price will be a fixed output-based price. Any deviations from the output and timelines will be agreed upon between the Contractor and UNDP.
- Payments will be done upon satisfactory completion of the deliverables by target due dates. Outputs will be reviewed and certified by the Team Leader, Climate Action Team prior to the release of payments as follows:
Deliverables / Outputs
Expected Due Date
(% of Total Contract Amount)
- Inception and Proposed Workplan
- Report on the data privacy impact assessment and Data mapping report
April 16, 2021
- Process Documentation of Data Validation Training
April 30, 2021
- Process Documentation of Data Cleansing Training
May 31, 2021
- Training Report of TOT for UNDP CO and pre-and post-skills assessment and post-training report on lessons learned
July 2, 2021
Recommended Presentation of Offer
Duly accomplished Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability using the template provided by UNDP;
1. Curriculum Vitae, indicating all past experiences from similar projects, to prove criteria cited in technical qualification. The applicant must indicate specifically his/her role in the aforementioned experiences, e.g, Team leader, team member, Lead researcher, etc. below is a proposed format to be provided, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the candidate and at least three (3) professional references;
Activity Conducted/ Project Name
Role in Activity
Client for whom output is intended
e.g. CLUP development for LGU x
2. Financial Proposal that indicates the all-inclusive fixed total contract price, supported by a breakdown of costs, as per template provided.
Criteria for Selection of the Best Offer
To select the best offer for this post, the combined scoring method will be used where the qualifications will be weighted 70% and combined with the price offer which will be weighted 30%.
Offerors must upload in one (1) file the aforementioned documents.
Templates for a) P11 Personal History Form and b) Offeror's Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability and Financial Proposal (Annex 2) are available through the link below. UNDP General Terms and Conditions for Individual Contractors are also available:
Incomplete submission of required documents may result in disqualification.
Please see the deadline of submissions above.
In view of the volume of applications, UNDP receives, only shortlisted offerors will be notified.
You may also view and apply directly here: National Consultant: Systems and Training Specialist for the Implementation of DevLIVE+ in Tuao, Cagayan (Philippine nationals only)