|Overview : |
To apply, kindly read the procurement notice, attach the following documents and submit through the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV with at least three references;
- Technical proposal (to showcase requested experience and competencies); and
- Financial proposal as in the attached template.
no later than 15 April 2021 with subject: “ Individual Consultant to Develop data sharing policy".
Any request for clarification must be sent by electronic communication to the above e-mail address. UNDP will respond by electronic email and will send written copies of the response, including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry, to all applicants.
In 2015 all UN member states adopted the 2030 Agenda for sustainable development. The agenda includes a result framework with 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and 169 targets across three dimensions of sustainable development: economic development, social inclusion, and environmental sustainability. The implementation of the 2030 Agenda carries significant challenges especially in the areas of data collection, information sharing methods and development progress monitoring and evaluation.
Jordan formulated a ‘Roadmap’ for SDG implementation, through the Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation (MoPIC), in close cooperation and with direct support from several UN agencies. Furthermore, through the Higher National Committee for Sustainable Development (HNCSD), MoPIC is leading national efforts to work with all national institutions, including civil society organizations and the private sector, to translate the 2030 agenda into Jordan’s development plans and strategies. Alongside the Department of Statistics DOS, MoPIC will develop plans for regular monitoring of the SDGs and to customize SDG indicators to national contexts. The outputs of the monitoring system will include regular progress reports in addition to a monitoring dashboard on the DOS, website which will be publicly available.
Jordan has completed key preparatory activities for SDG monitoring and implementation, including:
- An 11-point roadmap for implementing the 2030 Agenda, developed by MoPIC in March 2017, which includes as one of its key priorities “strengthening national statistical systems and the availability of data through the categorization of SDG indicators, providing technical and financial support to the Department of Statistics (DOS) to disaggregate data, and improving data availability and quality.
- a Voluntary National Report (VNR) on the Status of Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals in Jordan for the 70th Session of the United Nations General Assembly in 2017. The report affirmed its support and commitment for the process and outlined that the capacities of the national statistical system in the country should be further strengthened as a crucial step to accommodate new roles in data-gathering and quality control.
In response to what was said In Jordan’s VNR, the UNDP project titled “Joint Initiative to Capacitate the Jordanian Department of Statistics in Tracking the Sustainable Development Goals’ Data, Information Production and Reporting” will contribute to translating VNR’s priority related to support the national statistical system into action.
Another project that is supporting the Jordanian Government and particularly the Department of Statistics (DoS) is a project funded by FCDO and implemented by the UN Statistics Division. The project focuses on support to SDG monitoring and covers a number of different aspects including development of national SDG data and metadata platforms, standardization of SDG data and metadata, user engagement and data sharing agreements. This consultancy is funded by the UNSD-FCDO project on SDG monitoring (https://unstats.un.org/capacity-development/UNSD-FCDO/ ).
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. All individuals including persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with strictest confidence and equally.
Technical and financial proposals along with CV & 3 references should be submitted, and without such will not be considered).
(Only Short Listed Candidates will be contacted)
UNDP is an employer committed to gender equity and to providing equal opportunities to both males and females.