|Overview : |
The applications should include the following:
- Name, organization, and contact details of the applicants.
- A short description (1-2 paragraphs) on why the applicants would be a suitable candidate for the CSAG.
- Detailed CV of the applicants.
Expression of Interest
Expression of Interest in participating in the UN Women’s CSAG should be submitted within three weeks of advertisement (i.e. through networking or advertisement publish in the newspaper) by UN Women Liberia. All Expression of Interest should be sent to email@example.com
Please send your application and CV to Liberia.firstname.lastname@example.org and NO later than 15 May 2021 and indicate “UNW Liberia CSAG” in your email subject line.
Objectives of the CSAG:
The CSAG will be a consultative forum for strategic dialogue between civil society and UN Women. More specifically the objectives will be to:
- Foster dialogue and engagement between UN Women and civil society on national development issues and trends related to gender equality, women’s rights, and empowerment in line with the international commitments/frameworks.
- Inform UN Women Programs and key priorities through civil society’s expertise, experience, perspective, and knowledge.
- Serve as an interface/conduit between UN Women and key stakeholders including policy makers, marginalized communities, and youth groups to strengthen its mandate in taking forward development agenda such as the Convention on the Elimination of all forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW), Beijing Platform for Action, Security Council resolutions on Women, Peace and Security, Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) outcomes and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- To serve as a consultative forum to agree on Liberia’s priorities and develop joint strategies to inform UN women’s programmes.
- To serve as gender advocates and solicit support for the empowerment of women and girls as it relates to the global and national development agenda.