|Overview : |
Kindly note the deadline is extended from May 3, 2021 to May 7, 2021.
Ghana’s vulnerability toward the growing threat of terrorism and violent extremism marauding its nearby West Africa states is driven by several factors. First is the political vigilantism, the increased use of youth groups who are non-state actors to perform as de facto state agents or to challenge statutory security institutions or at other times act as private security/ guards creates an environment of lawlessness and insecurity..
SCOPE OF WORK
The consultant will lead the mapping process under the direction of and with technical and operational support from UNDP Governance Cluster to deliver the assignment, focusing on the following.
a) Identify CSO’s including women and youth groups with projects related to peacebuilding in general and preventing and countering violent extremism in particular, their interests, location, nature or type of projects and status of implementation
- A minimum master’s degree in social sciences with a focus on peace and conflict studies, international relations, political science, development studies or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in designing and implementing local level and/or national level conflict analysis mechanisms and early warning programs related to conflict affected environments;
- Extensive experience in strategy and programme development;
- Experience working with CSO’s and communities;
- In-depth experience and understanding of P/CVE in Ghana and subregion.
HOW TO APPLY
- See the Documents section above for the detailed Annex I-Terms of Reference and Submission Documents.
BID SUBMISSION INSTRUCTION:
- Strictly follow the instructions indicated in the IC Proposal Submission Form uploaded hereto
For detailed information, please refer to Annex I- Terms of Reference (ToR)
The Consultant is required to have the above mentioned professional and technical qualifications. Only the applicants who hold these qualifications are advised to submit their respective bid proposals
The following proposals must be prepared as per the prescribed standard format indicated in the respective IC Bid Document. The Proposals shall be submitted before its deadline on May 3, 2021, via UNDP Ghana Secured mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical Proposal in pdf under file name: UNDP.GHA.2021.090.IC – TP - [insert Name]
- Financial Proposal in pdf under file name: UNDP.GHA.2021.090.IC – FP - [insert Name]
Please note that these proposals shall be submitted to the designated secured email into two files but in one email unless both Files are Greater than 9MB file size
EMAIL SUBJECT LINE WHILE SUBMITTING PROPOSAL:
While submitting your proposals to email@example.com