|Overview : |
UNCDF is seeking a consultant to support the operationalization of 3 agricultural marketing cooperatives (AMCOs), while providing on-the-job training to the various committees of the AMCOs. The consultancy will be based on the scope of work outlined below.
To ensure effective operationalization and functioning of the AMCOs, UNCDF is seeking a consultant who will provide the following services:
Working under the direct supervision of the UNCDF technical team in Tanzania, and in collaboration with the cooperative’s officers of the respective LGAs, the Consultant will be required to provide the following services:
- Developing a procedure manual that covers the following areas:
- Post -harvest technology, safe near-farm cereal storage and handling to aggregation centres
- Procedures for testing of grain, cereals and other applicable products before storage i.e. threshing and testing to ensure quality and avoids waste
- Access to agriculture inputs, collective borrowing, individual credit i.e. guarantee mechanisms for member owned AMCOS-SACCOS, microfinance and commercial bank borrowing
- Collective marketing policies and procedures, price bargaining, warehouse receipt management etc
- Accounting and financial procedure depending on the specific needs of each AMCOS. An accounting manual contains pertinent accounting rules and other information for a business or organization. It is a manual that is internally developed and contains information specific to the organization for which it was developed.
- Developing all key operational documents. These documents include invoices, receipt books, membership and store ledgers, store receiving and issuing/delivery books and stocks movement report books.
- Developing and putting into operation, a simple and effective book-keeping/accounting system and an inventory management system.
- Training AMCOs on the procedure manuals.
- Training AMCOs on keeping detailed, accurate and up to date financial records and inventory records.
- Training AMCOs on preparation of annual operational plans and implementation of the workplans.
- Working with UNCDF’s partners under the KJP to identify potential buyers, inputs suppliers and financial services providers and linking the members to the buyers and suppliers.
- Training members on negotiating skills for engaging and entering into contracts with buyers, inputs suppliers and financial services providers.
- Training members on management of contracts and ensuring members adhere to the requirements stipulated in contracts.
- Where applicable, the consultant will be required to liaise with AMCOs management and UNCDF on acquisition of the basic operational equipment for the aggregation centres such as weighing scales, pallets, moisture meters, fire extinguishers, and more.
For full details of on this vacancy announcement, please access this link: UNCDF Jobs - 98576- Consultant to provide capacity building to agricul (undp.org)