|Overview : |
Individual Contractor as Document Clerk for DepEd and BUB Projects (For Philippine nationals only)
|Location :||Manila, PHILIPPINES|
|Application Deadline :||10-May-21 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Time left :||14d 2h 33m|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||National Consultant|
|Languages Required :||English |
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||30 working days spread over 2 months|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||May - July 2021|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Individual Contractor as Document Clerk for DepEd and BUB Projects
Project Title: K to 12 Basic Education Program (DepEd Project) and Accelerating BUB through Inclusive and Effective Governance (DSWD Project)
The project is providing development support services to the Department of Education (DepEd), in the course of its implementation of their 2016 K to 12 Basic Education Program, in accordance with UNDP regulations, rules, policies, and procedures as required by the Approved Procurement Plan and Budget agreed between UNDP and DepEd. It is funded from the Philippine Government budget, based on the allocations of the General Appropriations Act (GAA) of 2016.
In light of significant socioeconomic disparity and poor governance, the Philippine government launched in 2012 the Bottom-Up Budgeting (BUB) initiative. The BUB is a national government program designed to facilitate annual participatory planning and budgeting at the city and municipal level with the active participation of civil society organizations (CSOs), grassroots organizations, and communities. The BUB has 2 central objectives: 1) Support the attainment of the Philippine Development Plan’s goal of inclusive growth and poverty reduction by funding relevant projects, and 2) strengthen state-society relationships at the local level by providing incentives for local government units (LGUs) to engage with citizens in the budgeting and planning of such projects. There are 13 national agencies involved, each one providing a menu of services that LGUs and local communities can choose from. The Department of Social Welfare and Development is one of the agencies currently implementing BUB through the KALAHI-NCDDP, PSB, and SLP programmes.
As part of the quality assurance process of the project, all remaining documents of DepEd and DSWD Projects shall be filed, scanned, and sorted electronically with the supervision of the Project team focals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work
Generally, the individual contractor (Document Clerk) shall do the following:
- Scan and digitize remaining documents of DepEd Project and remaining regional files of DSWD Project.
- Complete filing of all scanned documents for DepEd and DSWD Projects.
- Compile all scanned documents to their designated boxes for warehousing.
- Prepare boxes for warehousing.
- 100% completion of scanned documents
- Submission of completed and properly filed scanned documents to the Institutions and Partnerships.
- Compile and label boxes of scanned documents for warehousing
- The contractor will directly report to the UNDP- Programme Analysts of DepEd and DSWD Projects, and Project Focal.
- The UNDP - Programme Analysts of DepEd and DSWD Projects, and Project Focal shall be supervising the tasks and activities of the contractor and shall review/recommend necessary revisions to the output of the contractor and approve all the outputs prepared by the contractor.
- UNDP shall compensate the contractor for his/ her services on a progressive billing basis subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
Duration of the Work
The Contractor will be engaged for a minimum of 20 working days up to a maximum of 30 working days spread over 2 months unless revised in a mutually agreed-upon timetable by the Institutions and Partnerships Team and the Contractor.
Payments will be based on actual services rendered corresponding to daily fees.
The Contractor shall be based in Manila during the contract and will be required to work within the UNDP Mandaluyong office premises only.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic and declaration of State of Public Health Emergency in the Philippines, all work and travel of the Individual consultant shall be done within the guidelines and protocols set by the local and national government.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN mission, vision, values, and ethical standards
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Promotes UNDP's agenda in meetings
- Ability to work in close collaboration with a group of national and international experts, to meet strict deadlines and plan the work according to priorities;
- Demonstrates capacity to plan, organize, and execute effectively;
- The initiative, good analytical skills, mature judgment, and ability to work under tight schedule while respecting deadlines achievement, ethics, and honesty;
- Ability to establish effective working relations in a diverse environment
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Builds strong relationships with internal and external clients;
- Demonstrated ability to function in a team environment and to deal with a complex multi-stakeholder environment
- Good ability to use information and communication technologies as tools and resources;
- Excellent written communication and presentation/public speaking skills focus on results, ability to interact productively in a teamwork environment
Required Skills and Experience
Qualification of the Successful Contractor:
CVs must reflect the following minimum qualifications. Only those who will obtain the minimum passing score of 70 out of 100 obtainable points will be shortlisted.
- At least High school graduate
14 points for high school graduate, 20 points for Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in filing and document management, both of hard copies and soft files
35 points for 2 years, additional 5 points per additional year
- At least 2 years experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and experience in handling of web-based management systems
21 points for 2 years, additional 3 points per additional year
- Proficiency in English and Filipino (must be indicated in CV)
Financial Proposal and Schedule of Payments:
- The Consultant should send the financial proposal based on an “all-inclusive daily fee” (professional daily fee X 30 working days, transportation, communication, and any other relevant expenses related to the performance of services under the contract);
- Payment to the Individual Contractor will be made based on the actual number of days worked through submission of Time Sheet, deliverables accepted, and upon certification of satisfactory completion by the UNDP- Programme Analysts of DepEd and DSWD Projects;
- Payments will be linked with the deliverables identified in point D above;
- Please note that Medical/Health insurance (to be purchased by the individual at his/her own expense) is mandatory for the issuance of contracts. Upon award of the contract, the consultant must be ready to submit proof of insurance valid during the contract duration.
UNIT OF MEASUREMENT
Upon completion of delivery:
- Scanning of remaining documents of DepEd and DSWD Projects.
- Consolidate and file the documents of the projects for warehousing.
Minimum of 20 and a maximum of 30 days
Criteria for Selection of the Best Offer
Technical Proposal = Qualifications: Education and Work experience (70%)
Financial Proposal (30%) Note: Only the financial proposals of applicants who will obtain a minimum of 70 out of 100 obtainable points in the technical proposal will be evaluated.
Recommended Presentation of Offer
- Duly accomplished Offeror's Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability for the IC that indicates the all-inclusive lumpsum contract price, supported by a breakdown of costs, as per template provided; If an Offeror is employed by an organization/company/institution, and he/she expects his/her employer to charge a management fee in the process of releasing him/her to UNDP under Reimbursable Loan Agreement (RLA), the Offeror must indicate at this point, and ensure that all such costs are duly incorporated in the financial proposal submitted to UNDP;
- Financial Proposal (Annex 2 of Offeror's Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability)- use UNDP Template
- Personal CV or P11 Personal History Form, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references;
Offerors must upload in one (1) file the aforementioned documents.
Templates for a) P11 Personal History Form and b) Offeror's Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability and Financial Proposal (Annex 2) are available through the link below. UNDP General Terms and Conditions for Individual Contractors are also available: http://gofile.me/6xdJm/bE9TCw8fU
Incomplete submission of required documents may result in disqualification.
Please see the deadline of submissions above.
In view of the volume of applications, UNDP receives, only shortlisted offerors will be notified.
You may also apply directly here: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=98663