|Overview : |
The UN Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) is the UN’s capital investment agency for the world’s 47 least developed countries. It creates new opportunities for poor people and their small businesses by increasing access to microfinance and investment capital. UNCDF provides seed capital – grants and loans – and technical support to help financial service providers reach more poor households and small businesses, and local governments finance the capital investments – water systems, feeder roads, schools, irrigation schemes – that will improve poor peoples’ lives. UNCDF programmes help to empower women, and are designed to catalyse larger capital flows from the private sector, national governments and development partners, for maximum impact toward the Sustainable Development Goals.
Making Access Possible (MAP) is a multi-country diagnostic and programmatic framework to support expanding access to financial services for individuals and micro and small businesses. MAP has been initiated by UNCDF as one of its main programmes to enhance financial inclusion in LDCs.
MAP is a partnership between three organisations, namely FinMark Trust, Cenfri and UNCDF. In this regard, a consultant id required to conduct a detailed edit of 1) MSME toolkit, 2) diagnostic refresher study for Lesotho and 3) diagnostic refresher study for Botswana.
As such, the Consultant should expect to deliver the following on each report:
- Improved grammar and syntax
- Improved diction, sentence structure, flow and clarity of message
- Line editing, copy editing, in-depth improvements to language usage, organization, phrasing, style formatting and feedback on content
- Reduced vagueness and abstraction and increasing readability/accessible
- Substantive (developmental) editing to identify unsupported or underdeveloped points or arguments and ensure a cohesive and structured storyline
- Ensured linkage of synthesis report findings to relationships/interplays between increased financial inclusion and national strategy/roadmap/programming
(Detailed information can be found in the terms of references found on this procurement notice).