|Overview : |
REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI) FROM CSO/NGO
UNDP is in the process of updating its Implementing Agents Roster and is soliciting potential Civil Service Organisations (CSOs), international and national Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) to submit their profiles for pre-qualification and inclusion in the roster. The potential areas of work are as follows:
- Capacity building of local authorities and service delivery institutions – rule of law, public expenditure management, local governance, vocational and business skills training, health etc
- Basic services provision in the areas of water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH); mines clearances; and basic health care
- Community level technical and business skills development, livelihood and income generating initiatives, including cash for work and other community-based development.
- Renewable energy initiatives
- Rehabilitation and construction of community facilities and infrastructure – roads, bridges, community centres etc for restoration of essential services
- Socio-economic empowerment of vulnerable population groups (including youth and women), gender and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Food and nutrition security initiatives
- Peacebuilding and community cohesion initiatives, including reintegration of internally displaced persons and returnees to their original areas of habitation or preference, community dialogue and women inclusion.
- Local economic recovery initiatives including building resilience of Small and Micro Enterprises (SMEs) and agri-business, fisheries, value chains development and access to finance for vulnerable population groups.
2. INFORMATION REQUESTED
Interested CSOs/NGOs are requested to fill out the below questionnaire “Request for Information”, attaching all supporting documentation and copies of their Valid License and registration with the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour (MoSAL).
Please note that attachments should be provided to support each answer to the questions. All questions must be answered directly and clearly. Extraneous information that are not directly responding to the questions will only constrain the ability of UNDP to positively assess the CSO/NGO’s alignment with UNDP requirements.
All CSOs/NGOs whose information are found to be consistent with UNDP programme needs will be sent contacted for further processes.
- Request for Information
Areas of Inquiry/ Supporting documentation
- Proscribed organizations
1. Is the CSO/NGO listed in the UN’s list of proscribed organizations, UNDP Vendor Sanctions List, or indicted by the International or National Criminal Court?
2. Is the CSO/NGO banned by any other institution/governments? If, yes, please provide information regarding the institution/Government and reasons.
- Legal status and Bank Account
- Does the CSO/NGO have a legal capacity to operate in the UNDP programme country, and does it comply with the legal requirements of the country to register and operate an NGO/CSO? Please provide copies of all relevant documents evidencing legality of operations.
2. Does the CSO/NGO have a bank account? (Please Submit proof indicating latest date)
- Certification/ Accreditation
Is the CSO/NGO certified in accordance with any international or local standards (e.g., ISO), such as in:
- Leadership and Managerial Skills
- Project Management
- Financial Management
- Organizational standards and procedures
- Date of Establishment and Organizational Background
1. When was the CSO/NGO established?
2. How has the CSO/NGO evolved since its establishment? (no more than 2 paragraphs)
3. Who are your main donor/ partners? indicate donor and funds received.
4. Please provide a list of all entities that the CSO/NGO may have an affiliation with.
- Where is your CSO/NGO headquartered/based in Yemen? Mention the City
- Mention the districts and governorates where you have; a) offices and b) capacity to operate in.
Please provide a complete list and indicate the size of the offices in each location.
- Mandate and constituency
- What is the CSO/NGO’s primary purpose for existence?
- What is the CSO/NGO’s mandate, vision, and purpose? (no more than 2 paragraphs)
3. Is the CSO/NGO officially designated to represent any specific constituency?
- Areas of Expertise
- Does the CSO/NGO have expertise in any of the key areas identified above in this RFI?
Specify all the areas and attach evidence for each
- Financial Position and Sustainability
- What was the CSO/NGO’s total financial delivery in the past 2 years? Please provide audited financial statement for the last 2 years.
- What is the CSO/NGO’s actual and projected inflow of financial resources for the current and the following year?
- Please provide a list of projects with description, duration, location and budget over the past 2 years (arrange from biggest budget to the lowest).
- Public Transparency
- What programmatic and financial documents are publicly available?
How can these documents be accessed? (Pls provide links if web-based)
- Do you have the capacity to manage a consortium?
- Do you currently, or have you in the past, managed or been involved with a consortium? If yes, provide a list of all consortia, the list of partners in the consortia, the role in the consortia, and the total financial budgets involved.
3. Do you have a formal alliance with other CSOs/NGOs? If yes, pls. identify and provide details.
3. CLOSING DATE
A completed RFI with requested attachments must be submitted to UNDP YEMEN office by no later than Sunday 13 June 2021 at 4.30pm Sana’a time.
Manner of submission of Request for information (RFI): The vendor must submit the RFI with documents to the following email address: email@example.com
- ALL CSOs and NGOs that responded to the 2020 call SHOULD REAPPLY
- Only Electronic Submissions through the above email will be considered.
- Submissions received after the due date will not be considered.
- Application format should not be modified. Submissions with unilaterally modified template will not be considered.
- UNDP reserves the right not to place on a roster any NGO/CSO arising from this Request for information.